IGNORED

Your Personality?

T-Pac

It's hard for me to know how I come across online. I don't think I get too personal online so a lot of my personality goes unseen. In person it varies from person to person how much of my personality they see. Only those closest to me really know me.

But as for what I think, I think online I come across as reserved but curious. In person I am that too but I can be very outgoing with the right people.

You know how in that Gretchen Wilson song Redneck Woman she says she ain't never been the Barbie doll type?  Well similarly, I was never nor did I want to be the tough macho type.  I'm sure you guys probably picked up on that by now 😄 

Online I'm pretty quiet and polite. I rarely say much. Been posting on forums for over 20 years so I'm more of a lurker now. In real life I'm the "funny guy" Kinda a cross between John Candy and Fred Flintstone. I'm passionate. I enjoy going for beers with buddies watching sports and busting balls 😁

Unfortunately my "father" was the tough macho bully type and often said I was a "big sissy" 😞   I most definitely did not want to be anything like that nor did I want to be a nasty emotionally abusive/blackmailer like my "mother" 😞  They both also swore at me and threatened me constantly too...it really saddens me that I can't be like the vast majority of kids who looked up to and wanted to be just like good ol' mom and/or dad. 😞   

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Estil said:

Unfortunately my "father" was the tough macho bully type and often said I was a "big sissy" 😞   I most definitely did not want to be anything like that nor did I want to be a nasty emotionally abusive/blackmailer like my "mother" 😞  They both also swore at me and threatened me constantly too...it really saddens me that I can't be like the vast majority of kids who looked up to and wanted to be just like good ol' mom and/or dad. 😞   

At least you chose to not follow in a path of abuse, for forging your own path I think you should be a little proud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

At least you chose to not follow in a path of abuse, for forging your own path I think you should be a little proud.

That's among the main reasons I'm not destined to be a parent of humans...because I'm well aware it's a statistical fact that victims of child abuse are much more likely to become abusers themselves.  And there's no way I could ever take that kind of chance.  All the more reason I'm so happy and so proud to be such a good cat parent! 🙂  They truly are the purrfect pet for me! 😄 

25 minutes ago, Estil said:

That's among the main reasons I'm not destined to be a parent of humans...because I'm well aware it's a statistical fact that victims of child abuse are much more likely to become abusers themselves.  And there's no way I could ever take that kind of chance.  All the more reason I'm so happy and so proud to be such a good cat parent! 🙂  They truly are the purrfect pet for me! 😄 

Sorry, I meant it like since you are aware and have empathy toward those situations you have grown and I don't think that you would follow the statistics if you did raise a child. I'm with ya though, cat babies give all the love.

1 minute ago, drxandy said:

Sorry, I meant it like since you are aware and have empathy toward those situations you have grown and I don't think that you would follow the statistics if you did raise a child. I'm with ya though, cat babies give all the love.

Hey, my cat's not a baby, he's a man! 😄  Just turned nine human years or 52 cat years last July 14 to be exact.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:34 PM, CasualCart said:

Is your offline personality any different than how you portray yourself here on VGS?

probably pretty close. the percentage of posts i read vs. the number of posts i make says i don't engage in too many conversations. pop in, see what everyone else says, add my two cents, and sit back.

IRL i'm pretty laid back and keep to myself. seems pretty similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another really weird personality trait I have...even at 41 and over half gray, I still feel really funny/unworthy if you will of being addressed as "sir" or Mr".  I mean I'm never been one of those important sorts of people who wear a suit/tie or a uniform or something so I honestly don't feel all that worthy of being a "sir" or "Mr" if that at all makes sense.  Still, as Samuel L. Jackson here points out, if I'm not a "sir", there's only one other thing I can be and I'm not that other thing for sure!! 😄

Social Team · Posted
On 7/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, CasualCart said:

Is your offline personality any different than how you portray yourself here on VGS?

I like to think most people here see me as funny and outgoing, but if you were to ask most of my friends offline they'd probably describe me as an introverted, uptight workhorse (which is entirely true haha).

So what about you?

-CasualCart

tenor.gif

Spoiler

I'll raise you one, I have two different personalities on VGS