IGNORED

Castlevania Collection?

So the clock is ticking down on ordering the Castlevania Collection and I am thinking about skipping it.

I have all the games (minus gameboy) and I just ordered King of Dragons and S.C.A.T. so I am feeling guilty about ordering a game that I don't need. 

I do like the artwork on the box a lot though. 

Did everyone order the game?

I bought it with 4min left on the clock once Paypal processed it as done.

Actually forgot about it and something popped up about 45min before and I remembered I wanted it, but was like $35 or $60, that CD.  They never would answer my question about it early on, saw others since too, saying it's not finalized.  Seemed fishy to me, but I was leveraging interest heavily on that.  In the end I went for it.

I figured the beautiful poster being the size it is, I have an old Now You're Playing with Power NES poster of the same dimensions and found this cheap frame at hobby lobby a couple years ago for it that displays well, so I could pop tha tup and swap it now and again so that is a plus.  And knowing Castlevania music is rarely non-memorable and it's never crap, so I went for it.  Just hoping it's not some lame thing of LRG knowing and being quiet it's some weenie few track sampler like some games get, but instead is like a full fledged 10+ deal with some best of tracks from the various games in the package, it would be the right thing after all (1-3 tracks per title maybe?)  Castlevania music is a short listed thing of what I'd be comfy MP3'n and stuffing on my phone for blue tooth car radio time.

I got the one with the shadow box. I'm a big fan of shadow boxes, steel books, and Castlevania artwork, so the poster was also very appealing. There are some series' or games that - even if I already have a licensed way to play them - I'll always give in and buy/re-buy and Castlevania is one of those much in the same way Mega Man is.

I hope you pulled the trigger @Californication😉

10 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

I got the one with the shadow box. I'm a big fan of shadow boxes, steel books, and Castlevania artwork, so the poster was also very appealing. There are some series' or games that - even if I already have a licensed way to play them - I'll always give in and buy/re-buy and Castlevania is one of those much in the same way Mega Man is.

I hope you pulled the trigger @Californication😉

I really really wanted that book in hard copy, but the $110 jump for a pile(for me) of personally useless crap that would end up in a dark closet just to get the book was too steep.  I wish I could buy a copy somewhere, but I don't see that happening.

I ended up passing on it.

It was on my list, but that has changed. With reasons being that I am putting my full effort into my Dragon Quest collection before I decide it is time to take a break. And while Simon's Quest is on the top end of my NES list, not buying this gives me more money to work with. And more time debating on what I should consider buying.

Plus, I still cannot see Konami the same way ever since I first saw his commercial all those years ago. 😅

On 6/27/2021 at 11:35 PM, Californication said:

So the clock is ticking down on ordering the Castlevania Collection and I am thinking about skipping it.

I have all the games (minus gameboy) and I just ordered King of Dragons and S.C.A.T. so I am feeling guilty about ordering a game that I don't need. 

I do like the artwork on the box a lot though. 

Did everyone order the game?

What do you mean king of dragons? From limited run??

I did, and this is someone who already bought it on PS4 and got all of the trophies for it. I absolutely love Castlevania and not only did I want the compilation in my collection, I wanted to show Konami that there still is a demand for the series. I will be doing the same thing when Castlevania Requiem goes up for preorder.