• Lady Gaga - "Shallow"
  3. 3. Choose one

• Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"
    • Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
  4. 4. Choose one

• Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Can't Stop"
    • Ozzy Osbourne - "No More Tears"

This poll is closed to new votes

I like Stronger, but it relies so heavily on the sample that I went with Duran Duran for originality's sake.

Papa Don't Preach is an okay Madonna song, but I'm a sucker for acoustic anthems so I went with Shallow.

Choosing between 1979 and Say it Ain't So is like asking a 90s kid to choose between his children. I would abstain if possible. In the end, I went with Say it Ain't So since it has a great guitar lick and there are so many better Pumpkins songs that will hopefully appear later.

Number four was also a bit of a tough one. In the end I went with RHCP since that's another great guitar lick and I'm not a huge Ozzy fan.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I like Stronger, but it relies so heavily on the sample that I went with Duran Duran for originality's sake.

Papa Don't Preach is an okay Madonna song, but I'm a sucker for acoustic anthems so I went with Shallow.

Choosing between 1979 and Say it Ain't So is like asking a 90s kid to choose between his children. I would abstain if possible. In the end, I went with Say it Ain't So since it has a great guitar lick and there are so many better Pumpkins songs that will hopefully appear later.

Number four was also a bit of a tough one. In the end I went with RHCP since that's another great guitar lick and I'm not a huge Ozzy fan.

We are the same.

Good matchups this week. It's hard for me to separate my early-Weezer nostalgia from the actual music. Say it Ain't So took me a lot of listens back in the day before I started to like it.

And the guitar-playing talk reminds me of college too. I thought I was special that I could play a couple of things, (lol yes, including Wonderwall) until one day some guy brought a guitar into a room and about 5 dudes practically fell over themselves trying to get to that guitar. So they could each play their two songs. Or for some of them, very short riffs from popular songs. It was like looking into a mirror.

• Haha 1