IGNORED

NES - ONE SCREW, ZELDA...that's right...1 screw

Yes you read that right and this may have already been discussed before but I will ask...a couple people have said that they own a 1 screw gold cart zelda....they've both said it has a 5 screw frame but no holes where the outside 4 screws should be, simply one screw right in the middle of the back...now neither of these two people could produce a picture of these so called one screw carts so I dont know if they really exist...i absolutely didn't believe the first guy so I just blew that off as he's a dumbass...but my cousin that knows NOTHING about Nintendo was looking at my collection and out of nowhere asked if I had a 1 screw gold zelda like he had when he was younger and that blew my mind...so...any thoughts on this...can anyone confirm this or is this just a tall tale??!!!!

If you look at the screw holes on the back shell, they are part of the injection mold pattern. They are not drilled. You can tell because the inner surface of the holes is smooth. If the holes were drilled, they would have a rougher surface with swirl scratches.

I doubt Nintendo would have made another mold with either no holes or only one hole. Assuming there are no other molds, there would be no one screw Zelda like you described.

image.thumb.jpg.ad5c0a25eaab0a8e018ba24a028486a0.jpg