IGNORED

Game Debate #42: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

@Estil  So bad soo soo bad it's good.  It took a little time as I did it intentionally locally to get it, but some years back I nailed down that blu ray pizza box set for that set of 3 movies + the CGI TMNT as a 4th.  So fun watching now and again, even has the original comic based on the movie in there printed and other goodies too.

• Like 1

I was so excited for this game when it came out, but it was so disappointing.  I didn't like it as a kid and I don't like it now, even though I can actually play through the early levels without much trouble.  At least they made up for it with the next three games in the series.  TMNT is perfect for a beat'em up style game.  2 and 4 are some of the best games for their respective systems and they made it really easy to forget about the original.

The music was fantastic.  So at least it had that going for it.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

Nobody ever seems to talk about it but there's a crippling hit-detection problem in TMNT II that has always prevented me from really enjoying the game, returning to it as an adult.

Yeah that used to bug me too, but now I always play the whole game using the special attack (pressing B and A at the same time) on every enemy. Kills the foot soldiers in one hit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Crippling hit detection in TMNT2 how so now?  I can't for some years now, but used to be able to finish that one given I had the time with relative ease.

Even at the time I was surprised and disappointed that the TMNT and Simpsons arcade games didn't get SNES ports.  Incidentally I thought it would've been neat back then if the NES Zeldas also got SNES Mario All-Stars like upgrade.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...