IGNORED

FS Pokémon Blue New and Sealed, Holy Grail Quality, $24,000

DrMario

Hello everyone,

I am old NA member just found my way home. I hope you all have been well. I am selling the cornerstone of my collection. Please let me know if you have any questions!

I will definitely consider reasonable offers.

(edit 1) more images: https://imgur.com/a/um4nRN9

Every single corner is flawless, the game is in stunning shape. I have tons of other pictures, let me know what you need!

aIMG_6255.JPG

aIMG_6499.JPG

aIMG_4936.JPG

Edited by DrMario
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

If you don't mind my asking, and this is NOT a dig so don't take it that way,where did you arrive at your value?

I've got a sealed up red one and I haven't seen it hit 1/2 that unless this is some weird blue variant?

It's just a 1st print blue, no weird variant 

Edited by imabadguy1

Well, I just followed eBay and picked something closer to the high end of what was listed, and it seems like some really nice copies sold for close to this amount.

One thing to note is the colors on this copy. It has little to no fading since '98. I keep it in a little box, padded, and have wrapped the box in aluminum since I got it (guy I got it from told me he did the same).

Edited by DrMario

5 hours ago, DrMario said:

I know what you mean, I think about opening it and staring at it at least once a week.
I cured that with a nice complete copy that I can open and pop into my GBC for good times.

Bumping as I like your game there, mine isn't as nice, if graded I'd call it a mid upper 8 quality just because it did seem to have a little squish going on with it before I got it.  Given what people are doing on sealed stuff, I could only guess, and my fear would be selling it and safely securely being sure it got to the buyer happy.

What are your plans if someone buys it online and isn't local?  Fly/Drive it out?

I was thinking exactly that. I worked so hard to keep it perfect, and it needs to stay that way. I’d be willing to drive in state, but typically would ask the buyer to fly in and would calculate their travel cost, and subtract it from the sale. on the plus side, South Florida is pretty nice this time of year 😎

Right. According to me (and WATA and HA) this is a second print, as it's the one in a y-fold box with a screenshot of Rattata on the back.

The first print is the one in a double-ended box with Sandshrew in the screenshot on the back.

See

and https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/pokemon-blue-version-wata-85-a-sealed-sandshrew-blue-text-mid-production-gb-nintendo-1998-usa/a/7239-93038.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515 for HA/WATA's write-up of things.

The copy that sold near $20k on eBay was the "Red text" variant of the Sandshrew print, which is strongly believed to be the earliest identifiable production of Red or Blue, and relatively rare (around 10% of all copies of Blue are that variant, in my survey). I suspect the person who bought it knew what they were buying, at that price. No other copy of Blue has yet sold for more than $9,500 AFAIK.

edit: of course, the current HA auction that ends in a week may set some new bars. There are two copies of this print in that auction, one graded 9.2/A+, the other 8.5/A. They're currently at $5250 and $3100 respectively.

Edited by AdamW
  • Like 2

I was  young in the 90's, born in 85, and remember buying all these when my dad took me to target/walmart/funco.  I would get home and RIP open the carboard packages, same with SNES and all that stuff.  I remember getting a big box Earthbound from Blockbuster when they were selling it and destroying it (not intentionally, but just 10 year olds are rough with this stuff.  Man if I would have known then what I know now, I would be able to retire.  I remember selling Red/Blue to my buddy for $10.00 and thought I was coming out on top...$10.00 to a jr high schooler is tons of money, probably spent it on snacks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 6:01 PM, bergalon said:

Is there a reason you don't turbo warp this thing to WATA? With the risk of a low grade gone you'll increase your high-end buyer pool significantly. 

Hey everyone, sorry had a busy week on call! 

I am definitely thinking of grading it. To be honest I don't really like the idea of grading, but I understand why it exists.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, DrMario said:

Hey everyone, sorry had a busy week on call! 

I am definitely thinking of grading it. To be honest I don't really like the idea of grading, but I understand why it exists.

I understand not liking grading. I survived VGA grading and laughed at 10k for SMB sealed for years because I thought giving in would change game collecting and turn it into an "investment opportunity" for speculators, which it absolutely did IMHO.  I think the point here is that if you want the benefits of Pokemon and WATA hype then you have the responsibility of putting up with the annoying/slow submission process, HA fees, etc.

If on the other hand you want to sell if for the $2500 I have my old NA paypal fired up 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...