IGNORED

Starting Out

AJ2K

Hello, I have wanted to collect pokemon event distribution carts for years, but never had the means until recently.  This is my first time ever actually using a forum too.  I know right now sucks to get into this as prices are going up, but I love these things.  So far I only have the legendary beast cartridge and am looking for tips for how to locate carts, how to tell what good relative prices are, identify fakes if that is a common issue, and maybe see if anyone here has extras or duplicates they would be willing to work deals out on.  I know I will never have a truly complete collection so I have decided to focus on carts that add mythicals or extra content.  Don’t need things like Dragonite etc.  I look forward to what people have to say!

IMG_0173.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the group! Great to start out with for sure. It definitely is better to start now than later as it seems prices keep going up, which means there are so many collectors out there now.

The restored fakes usually will have a darker black color shell than the original. You will also see sticker residue on the outer edges since it is nearly impossible to transplant the label without leaving a trail of it.

Good luck on the hunt. eBay is the best bet for sure going after these, or this forum too there are some loyal collectors you can get in contact with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skorp said:

Welcome to the group! Great to start out with for sure. It definitely is better to start now than later as it seems prices keep going up, which means there are so many collectors out there now.

The restored fakes usually will have a darker black color shell than the original. You will also see sticker residue on the outer edges since it is nearly impossible to transplant the label without leaving a trail of it.

Good luck on the hunt. eBay is the best bet for sure going after these, or this forum too there are some loyal collectors you can get in contact with.

Thanks for the welcome and reply!  Do you know any collectors on here who might be willing to help me?  I’m not looking for a complete collection, but there are some rare ones I’d like.  Even slightly damaged would be ok for the right price, I’m just trying to get a working collection of ones I like.