IGNORED

Official Wii U Demo Kiosk Thread

4 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissays said:

Hi all, I only joined to give some info on the Wii U kiosk console I have.

It doesnt have any demos on it, someone must have removed the USB drive they were on but it does play, look, act like the retail version and has a standard sized HDD.

It has two pad attachments, I only have one wired pad and of course, won't connect to another gamepad. I've not seen anything like it while trawling around for info about the Wii U Kiosk.

Have any pictures? 

I was curious about the reset button. I have a Wii U kiosk that I just finished refurbishing and was wondering if there was a way to connect the reset button cable to a regular (non-kiosk official) Wii U unit? I am in the process of acquiring a system so I don’t know if that reset cable can actually be into the system of whether it was something specific only to the kiosk model systems. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Seb4130NY said:

I was curious about the reset button. I have a Wii U kiosk that I just finished refurbishing and was wondering if there was a way to connect the reset button cable to a regular (non-kiosk official) Wii U unit? I am in the process of acquiring a system so I don’t know if that reset cable can actually be into the system of whether it was something specific only to the kiosk model systems. Thanks.

Not without doing a mod to your system. The reset button is basically a second power switch, except that the system will automatically turn on.

This is a shot from the back; which I guess is the most interesting bit of it all! If you want any other pictures, let me know.

I made a gaming cupboard, so it's in a less than easy place to get to but I'm very happy to make a proper effort if it helps your research/settles your intrigue.

Image (4).jpeg

IMG_0540.jpg

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissays

2 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissays said:

This is a shot from the back; which I guess is the most interesting bit of it all! If you want any other pictures, let me know.

I made a gaming cupboard, so it's in a less than easy place to get to but I'm very happy to make a proper effort if it helps your research/settles your intrigue.

Image (4).jpeg

IMG_0540.jpg

Can you send pictures of the front of the unit? 

6 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissays said:

Of course

I included the wired pad too.

Image (9).jpeg

Image (8).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg

Image (6).jpeg

Your console and the gamepad connection are different than the standard kiosk units. Where did you get them? Did you get a kiosk with these units or were they purchased separately? Any background you have on them would be great to know. 

I got just the kiosk, no electronics. I was curious to see how I could use the reset button. Since I will be using a regular Wii U and can’t use the reset button with it I am going to try and find another use for it. Perhaps as a means to turn the entire kiosk on and off via a re-wiring of the power source. 

6 hours ago, dewisp02 said:

Your console and the gamepad connection are different than the standard kiosk units. Where did you get them? Did you get a kiosk with these units or were they purchased separately? Any background you have on them would be great to know. 

It did look different from others systems I'd seen. I got it from a guy who used to work in a game shop. I believe it once was in a kiosk. I'm in the UK btw.

No kiosk included for me, just the console, wires and gamepad. It's very cool having a long cable to play from, especially as it has a metal collar 'stopper' which could be mounted but I'm temped to sell it, as I bought a Wii U Premium for cheap.

I was wondering whether you could add the wireless pad receiver (teardown videos appear to show they are removed in the Kiosk version) as in order to switch the pad on, you need to press a button on a cable which switches on the gamepad. It's a shame that Nintendo never allowed two pads to be connected.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, Seb4130NY said:

I got just the kiosk, no electronics. I was curious to see how I could use the reset button. Since I will be using a regular Wii U and can’t use the reset button with it I am going to try and find another use for it. Perhaps as a means to turn the entire kiosk on and off via a re-wiring of the power source. 

It's a momentary switch so it will take a little bit to make it power the kiosk off and on.... Not just a quick rewire. There should be plenty of tutorials online though. PM me if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help as much as I can. 

• 1 year later...

I know that I am new here and bumping a very old thread but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring with kiosk stuff.

image.png.3f1494a158abea81ca68670b5d6b7722.png

kZaker12#1431 NNNYNYNYNYNN

I rescued this from someone on Craigslist and it was in pretty lousy shape. It came without the AC Adapter for the Lynx LED controller and the guy I bought it from had never even gotten it to power on.

So far I've replaced:

1. AC Adapter for Lynx LED.
  2. Bought some new original LED lights to replace missing pieces.
  3. Replacement artwork for the back of the unit.
  4. Original Lynx monitor. Still cannot find the damn Bezel (also called "monitor shroud" in some documentation) for the life of me.

I also repaired a snipped speaker wire on the left Lynx speaker. I bought some JST SM connectors and low voltage plugs and wire connectors and managed to get it to work.

I have a demo console, gamepad, and nunchuck on order and am anticipating it arriving later this week. Still need the wired Wii remote, kiosk key, and bezel before it's back in one piece.

The Lynx monitor that I have has the intermittent audio issue that most people have. big thanks to @SNESNESCUBE64for their write up on capacitor replacement. Will be doing that in the near future. I've also noticed a faint 'striping' when watching anything on the monitor. It's definitely not panel damage so I am hoping replacing the capacitors helps with that as well.

"Striping" Up Close:

image.png.25610ee30eea047c97ffa98108a99292.png

See some pictures of it in its current state attached

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

small.jpg

Edited by Kzaker12

15 hours ago, Kzaker12 said:

I know that I am new here and bumping a very old thread but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring with kiosk stuff.

image.png.3f1494a158abea81ca68670b5d6b7722.png

kZaker12#1431 NNNYNYNYNYNN

I rescued this from someone on Craigslist and it was in pretty lousy shape. It came without the AC Adapter for the Lynx LED controller and the guy I bought it from had never even gotten it to power on.

So far I've replaced:

1. AC Adapter for Lynx LED.
  2. Bought some new original LED lights to replace missing pieces.
  3. Replacement artwork for the back of the unit.
  4. Original Lynx monitor. Still cannot find the damn Bezel (also called "monitor shroud" in some documentation) for the life of me.

I also repaired a snipped speaker wire on the left Lynx speaker. I bought some JST SM connectors and low voltage plugs and wire connectors and managed to get it to work.

I have a demo console, gamepad, and nunchuck on order and am anticipating it arriving later this week. Still need the wired Wii remote, kiosk key, and bezel before it's back in one piece.

The Lynx monitor that I have has the intermittent audio issue that most people have. big thanks to @SNESNESCUBE64for their write up on capacitor replacement. Will be doing that in the near future. I've also noticed a faint 'striping' when watching anything on the monitor. It's definitely not panel damage so I am hoping replacing the capacitors helps with that as well.

"Striping" Up Close:

image.png.25610ee30eea047c97ffa98108a99292.png

See some pictures of it in its current state attached

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

small.jpg

Congrats on the grab! Adding you to the list. Thanks for sharing!!

On 10/26/2022 at 5:13 PM, Kzaker12 said:

Glad that it helped you out. Those capacitors are all terrible in there, so perhaps that is causing your horizontal lines issues.

@dewisp02

Can my name be removed from the list? I sold my kiosk (for sale link below) to the user Anthony on this site.

11 minutes ago, Kzaker12 said:

Did anyone from here or the old Nintendo Age thread ever rig up their own gamepad cable? It seems that in theory you would just need a male-to-male SMA cable and one with the 6 pin power connector in order to make it work.

I, initially, repaired a cut cable since my kiosk came with both ends. Later, I found a NOS cable that I swapped in. 

• 1 year later...

Hi. I got a problem, just got Nintendo Wii U kiosk - European PAL vesrsion. Connected all cables, all was working ok, but thought it will work like normal WiiU console and set settings to default. Now i can reconnect my tablet. Saw thread where people say about service menu but was trying launch console with SD card and i dont have this menu, cant get to it, any ideas?

3 hours ago, TypForte said:

Hi. I got a problem, just got Nintendo Wii U kiosk - European PAL vesrsion. Connected all cables, all was working ok, but thought it will work like normal WiiU console and set settings to default. Now i can reconnect my tablet. Saw thread where people say about service menu but was trying launch console with SD card and i dont have this menu, cant get to it, any ideas?

If you want to post photos of what you're seeing it might help us understand more. 

Added view of my version of kiosk and sticker on the console itself. This console was working fine yesterday wired as is and console WAS READING RETAIL PAL GAMES TROUGH DRIVE FROM CD. Used "Set to factory settings" and cant recconect tablet now. Cant get to service menu using SD HC 4gb and 16 gb empty, formated cards. How to get to service menu? 

20240203_214142.jpg

20240204_084158.jpg

20240204_084141.jpg

20240204_084249.jpg

6 hours ago, TypForte said:

Added view of my version of kiosk and sticker on the console itself. This console was working fine yesterday wired as is and console WAS READING RETAIL PAL GAMES TROUGH DRIVE FROM CD. Used "Set to factory settings" and cant recconect tablet now. Cant get to service menu using SD HC 4gb and 16 gb empty, formated cards. How to get to service menu? 

20240203_214142.jpg

20240204_084158.jpg

20240204_084141.jpg

20240204_084249.jpg

What i found out - someone was selling simmilar console and wrote info like that 

"Standard wii u console and kiosk edition wis-003 gamepad Rare!  Main console is WUP-901 (03) it has the kiosk switch behind (with the led blue light) used to power on off the console. Has some marks and a dent in back of game pad from me removing the lock as lost the key. I’ve tried to upload as many pictures as possible. Happy bidding! Note!!!....The main console is not a kiosk edition the gamepad is, still very unique and a rare piece to own. As far as I’m aware the wis-003 gamepad is compatible with the wis-001 console but can be used with any wii u."

My console have the same serial number because its no demo console ? Why ? Because in european Kiosk console leded in front on kiosk is not the console working in kiosk. The console wired is the second console and there was no need to make it demo console as long as it was hidden inside kiosk . So ? This is normal console with outputs to make kiosk tablet works ?