IGNORED

Intellivision Amico - WTF!?!

FireHazard51

So apparently Intellivison went bankrupt now, or something? But they are still taking preorders on their site for the Amico, so yeah definitely a good idea to give them your money, huh?

They are actually selling SOMETHING real to buy though, like some cardboard cases with an RFID card and a collectable coin.

image.thumb.png.b68eecba6ffa03c46dfc76e9711d0294.pngApparently the idea is you scan the card and it will download the game for you onto the system, so it's a halfway house between a physical game and a digital game, sort of a "worst of both worlds" kinda deal.

You can buy the full set of 8 "games" on their website for 150 dollars, although chances are the games themselves will never actually be released because the system is actually dead.

I wonder if there will be a collector's market for these one day, non-games released on a non-system, it's quite the story, lol! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OptOut said:

So apparently Intellivison went bankrupt now, or something? But they are still taking preorders on their site for the Amico, so yeah definitely a good idea to give them your money, huh?

Yeah, their former offices have been cleared out and their landlord listed it for rent again. In the photos, you can see the Intellivision "running man" logo on some of the doors.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1840-1856-Carnegie-Ave-Santa-Ana-CA/25345532/

I checked their Amico pre-orders, and they  list them at $0 now. For laughs, I tried to put in a pre-order, and it would take my email and address, but no credit card info or anything.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OptOut said:

They are actually selling SOMETHING real to buy though, like some cardboard cases with an RFID card and a collectable coin.

image.thumb.png.b68eecba6ffa03c46dfc76e9711d0294.pngApparently the idea is you scan the card and it will download the game for you onto the system, so it's a halfway house between a physical game and a digital game, sort of a "worst of both worlds" kinda deal.

You can buy the full set of 8 "games" on their website for 150 dollars, although chances are the games themselves will never actually be released because the system is actually dead.

I wonder if there will be a collector's market for these one day, non-games released on a non-system, it's quite the story, lol! 🤣

Already going for a full set!

• Haha 1

Social Team · Posted

I thought this whole thing sound pretty bad and not going to make any money and die a quick death.  Welp I guess it died before it could even make it to market.  How long before "prototypes" of games make it to ebay?

@OptOut now is your time to be the majority stock holder in Intellivision Amico https://intellivision.com/invest

• Wow! 1

22 minutes ago, dogbowl said:

I pre-ordered one one night last fall ( after a couple of beers)

I did receive some games but who knows what's actually inside the cases.

16581185351581121484485820946351.jpg

SEALED!!!!!! 🤩🤯

I found a video showing them unboxing all the games so you can see what's inside. Also, they are talking about some sort of NFT feature which I don't think ever actaully saw the light of day either... Thank God for small mercies, eh?!

12 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Dude, they made an unboxing video a few months ago.  So close to production...

Wasn’t remotely close. That was the only one they ever showed off. Just a mock up box. They did the exact same thing as the Chameleon, gave you all the sizzle and no steak. They cared about everything except making it work properly 

• Agree 1