IGNORED

Anyone have any clue what these cassettes go to?

RH

See below.

s-l1600.jpg

I'm not talking about the N64 cart, obviously.  The description in the sales post simply states they are shaped like 8-track tapes.  That last game seems to have instructions printed on the cart regarding which button to push for an answer.

I tried to google some of the markings but nothing came up.  The names are to generic.  What are these?

• Like 1

Oh, I remember the revised model of that.  My brother and I didn't have one, but we did have a similar system where you put a cassette tape in a player, their was place to put a book and after it read each page, there was a Q&A stop and you pressed one of 4 colorful buttons.  It was kind of like a Choose Your Own Adventure on a cassette for kids.  I imagine these were similar, but for trivia.

Thanks guys.

35 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Are kids today confused by 8 track tapes? I thought people were still aware of what they looked like.

Oh, no doubt they look like 8 tracks, but that doesn't mean they necessarily were.  The original seller didn't post the front-side and the way he worded his description, I wasn't sure if it was an 8 track or not.  Looks like these definitely are though.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Are kids today confused by 8 track tapes? I thought people were still aware of what they looked like.

Heh -those things were miserable.  Anyone who had a car player eventually had to stick a matchbook under either the top or the bottom of the cart since the head would would inevitably get out of alignment (they had a playback head that would move up and down to match the tracks on the tape).e

I made beer money in college off those since I could usually repair broken tapes. 

I also once had an 8 track copy of Tres Hombres by ZZ Top that was really strange in that "LaGrange" had no vocals on it.  I used to freak people out by sticking it in and they would eventually notice the vocals were gone.