IGNORED

Import Games - Show them off

Tanooki

I got to thinking and noticed something today when I was cataloging three more import titles I had come in today for the Gameboy I have quite a lot of Japanese and a few EU/UK based games too.  I just added Genjin Collection along with Nettou Garou Densetsu 2 and Nettou Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special.

Seeing that sitting there I was feeling, yeah why not and spread out what there was on the floor and it kind of surprised me, see for yourself.  I was surprised how much there was and it's not entirely complete either as I didn't bother with the Neo Geo stuff as some of my carts have Japanese stickers though the ROMs are all universal anyway.  Other than the GB stuff it's scaled back there was more, especially on PC engine.  It does make me miss my dozens of Super Famicom carts too.

Got any favorites in this shot, or ones you're curious about?  Maybe you have some import games you like and could mini review, suggest, or something else?

Jan2021imports.jpg

• Like 9

Nice selection there @MegaMan52 I forgot about Robocop on GC even existing.  I have been considering adding a few, used to have that Gundam Z game and Nintendo Puzzle Collection, still would like to snap up another Hudson (Adv Island) on there.  Those Mega Man games on PC were rough, but the X games were solid and I do have MMX which is surprisingly nicely done.

You did remind me though I do have some import multicarts, 10 of them actually for the GB/GBC format.  Between the two images here you can see them all.  Top one was a bundle I specifically snapped up at once, and the image below they just so happened to get included in a deal for all those goodies and the blue one wasn't even mentioned and thrown in extra.  There are some shockingly excellent titles on most of them, only a couple basically are language barrier uselessness being all RPGs basically.  This text here I think at the least lists the contents of the 8 below, don't remember if I added the other 2. GB-Multicart-Game-List.txtgameboymulticarts.thumb.jpg.54d3b82a2b964f497ea6acfd2a2fab83.jpggbalot1228fbmail.jpg.c0829e72d242c83c35f13c41c616a887.jpg

• Like 5

From a US perspective, practically my entire collection would count as "import"! 😨

You guys really need to get out more, tbh... As far as I'm concerned the word "import" is a microaggression, and this thread is oppressing me! 😤😧😧😧😣

My worldview has now officially been challenged, and I have wet myself. For God's sake at least start a petition or something!!! I need a safe-space!!! I'm hyperventilating!!! Someone bring me my adult colouring book and security blanket! 😭😭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, OptOut said:

From a US perspective, practically my entire collection would count as "import"! 😨

You guys really need to get out more, tbh... As far as I'm concerned the word "import" is a microaggression, and this thread is oppressing me! 😤😧😧😧😣

My worldview has now officially been challenged, and I have wet myself. For God's sake at least start a petition or something!!! I need a safe-space!!! I'm hyperventilating!!! Someone bring me my adult colouring book and security blanket! 😭😭

I agree, I've been struggling to post pics as 99% are imports...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I raise you another micro aggression.  Right now I'm using my thumb and first finger positioned just right on your avatar to squeeze your little puppy head like a grape.  Take that! 😄  I think we're all feeling a bit more oppressed by your micro oppression, as such, you'll need to be immediately canceled so our bubble is safe.

• Haha 2

Okay, colonizer, I'm willing to meet in the middle to protect the bubble, as long as we agree to modify our speech in order to protect oppressed videogame minorities.

In that vein, and to answer the original question, I'm loving your Sin and Punishment and Bangai-O N64 "games-of-import"!

Doshin the Giant is also a decent "import-American" pick-up as well! 😉

• Like 2

Wow some really unique stuff there, had been liking seeing those things pop up in the forum elsewhere.  I had no idea there was a DQ Theatrhythm I would have so bought that if not for the childish system lockout for region.

It reminds me, both I'd like to get DQ Swords on Wii again sometime, but also that it was based on a crazy TV games like a/v setup in Japan too with a big plastic sword to swing around.

17 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

GameThe13th.jpg.6925a790510cfff9a0d7dee8f6e744b6.jpg
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (sealed)
^
 Even without "Episode II" both DC versions are my all-time favorite SEGA games.

Cant tell you how many hours I spent on Phantasy Star online DC back in my high school days. Had the DC keyboard and everything 🥰

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow some really unique stuff there, had been liking seeing those things pop up in the forum elsewhere.  I had no idea there was a DQ Theatrhythm I would have so bought that if not for the childish system lockout for region.

It reminds me, both I'd like to get DQ Swords on Wii again sometime, but also that it was based on a crazy TV games like a/v setup in Japan too with a big plastic sword to swing around.

Thanks. The funny thing is that I got it because I wanted the DLC card. Plus seeing that it is different than Final Fantasy helped convince me to buy it. And has me wish I knew about it in December 2015-January 2016 when I was in Osaka. But that is a different story. Which has me hope they will do a Switch version in 2021-2022.

Plus Kenshin Dragon Quest is basically a retelling of Dragon Quest I and they used that version of the Hero in the Monster Battle Road series. The remote sized sword makes it look fun, but I never found a sealed copy in nice condition. Which is fine since I missed out on the arcade-style Monster Battle Road controller for the Wii. (😭)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Cant tell you how many hours I spent on Phantasy Star online DC back in my high school days. Had the DC keyboard and everything 🥰

I wish I knew how to get online with mine. The one I got was pre-owned but did get both Phantasy Star Online (with the Sonic Adventure demo) and the keyboard for X'mas. But even then having the offline mode made the game a joy to play. 🙂

Edited by FenrirZero

4 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

I wish I knew how to get online with mine. The one I got was pre-owned but did get both Phantasy Star Online (with the Sonic Adventures demo) and the keyboard for X'mas. But even then having the offline mode made the game a joy to play. 🙂

Do you mean now or back in the day? The Sega servers are down now, but I think someone set up some non-official servers for PSO that you can actually play on. Don’t know whether there’s many people actively playing anymore though... 

3 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Do you mean now or back in the day? The Sega servers are down now, but I think someone set up some non-official servers for PSO that you can actually play on. Don’t know whether there’s many people actively playing anymore though... 

Back in the day. It was close to a year before Sega announced that they were going to pull the plug on the Dreamcast. And right now I am debating if I should play PSO2 now or wait until they put out the updated version.

Like OptOut, the majority of my collection are imports. Even English games tend to be imports because they might not get a release here or they’re cheaper from the US/UK. Like a lot of the Switch library for example.

But in terms of Japanese imports I am working on a Japanese Saturn library with US/PAL for RPGs & exclusives.

36095B70-7A60-466B-9AE7-C23A77769369.jpeg.25911e8e09177962d4fb0fe2dc893a23.jpeg

7695DA9F-B657-442D-8829-51E361B6C6AC.jpeg.51749d4e891f995411a1bc46c3bf5e02.jpeg

My two favourites from the collection are a sealed Super Tempo and a complete Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru which includes sticker, reg card and OBI which don’t come up very often as complete (yes it cost a lot haha)

9D901DDB-299D-4CDD-B6D7-D310525AB35D.jpeg.716e7dbf0bbe6fb28b80b2947317973d.jpeg

AC0C10BB-6131-4354-BBAC-0C4A648E2B9D.jpeg.0dcb004c5714d73ccc9f730871506a71.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 2

This is a great thread idea Tanooki! I don't buy as many imports as I used to, and I have given some of my GBA stuff away as gifts, but here goes.

A couple of years ago, I picked up pretty well all the Casio Loopy library. The B set has 2 games with it (not pictured), and the Magical Shop peripheral (basically a composite capture card) is barely visible on the left under the Rockman set, but I was able to get all the games except Chakra-kun's Charm Paradise. I've been trying to find that game for 2 years and I check Yahoo Japan every other day, but nothing yet >_<.

BUQXmS5GRD2l1mJKVU1UMA.jpg.f708476fd7e8a18abb1966917d0e31ee.jpg

In late 2019, I discovered all of the great PC Engine CD games I had been missing out on, so I grabbed pretty well all the shooters, and Rondo. Off to the right is the Wonder Swan Rockman game, because I need all the Rockmans. It's no surprise then that Rockman Battle & Fighters is one of my favorite NGPC games.

3IvMEXncSzStRGYzjAH2TA.jpg.0c8f1ce92cafd381eca52a58a320fa65.jpg

cKb_kJkzQZ2kgcIXzHN0Tg.thumb.jpg.1ec0d5fa18a7ea1bb2bf29a5214e71be.jpg

I only have a few Dreamcast imports now, my first being Ikaruga back when it came out. I have the North American maraca set for Samba de Amigo which is pretty fun, and for me, Vampire Chronicle for matching service is the best way to play Vampire Saviour.LStJi2R6ReC-vM5swx7nmg.jpg.b166f154cf68812f2e90d4e9ed963ba6.jpg

I pre-ordered my PSP for the Japanese launch and got Lumines, Ridge Racer, and Vampire Chronicle the Chaos Tower for that VS goodness on the go, and Maverick Hunter X has been played more times than I can count. I love the My Summer Vacation series so much, and I bought Talkman back when I was taking Japanese class; a really neat piece of software and peripheral for the time.

_pDg96baTuO6qpfsbOcx0A.jpg.19475fc28bfa577d8227f4a1e026bc69.jpg

I got a few PS1 imports over the years (I had all the PS One Books Rockman releases at one point but gave them away), Uppers was a cool Vita beat 'em up I picked up recently, and Rockman EXE 3 Black and FMA were the only two GBA imports I kept. I really enjoy Eyeshield 21, so I got that on Wii, Bebop inspired my animation career so I would get everything I could that was related, Dream Mix TV World Fighters seemed cool (wanted to play as Convoy), and Bio Miracle was one of the only games I had back in the 80s (although, we had the cart, which I gave to my sister, and I bought a new copy on FDS which I play on the regular).

b_mnbMh3QgK5BX5EVaebcA.jpg.f7bdae161df4df1100ecc36e029de505.jpg

Some random stuff on PS3 (love my arcade racers and My Summer Vacation of course!)

ESQ_Qi1XQBSze4xbqsjMKQ.jpg.550716f41bf644f9934382edbc758e5d.jpg

I've been following Monolith Soft ever since they were founded after the exodus from Square, so I really wanted to get Soma Bringer and Xenosaga on DS. I don't know how many hours I sunk into making tunes and just relaxing with Electroplankton, and I enjoy the Inazuma 11 games, so I got a couple of EU imports from my (at the time) local Microplay.

yGxRZrywQpaVQn_5TtwglQ.jpg.3cef498757f437716cefcc05ee7a0fc6.jpg

I love the shoot em' up genre so much, so I started picking up a bunch of them on Super Famicom. Macross has become one of my favorites, and Flying Hero is awesome!

lUhYHQlTSV-QUO3tOSFRhw.thumb.jpg.4e3560f85de99771ec0e47fb50d8316c.jpg

I couldn't get it on Switch at the time, so I bought the Rockman box set on PS4...

a0_PLVJ1TDKBsi0o-s-FSQ.jpg.4421a62d4f1aed1db68a5ebe14b5460d.jpg

...but I was able to get some of the other Rockman releases on Switch, along with the Belt Action Collection and I am Setsuna.

xQ3Fdu_lQ4GcRlyJEDeBWA.jpg.8559e9730391967064eecc527cb32ec2.jpg

I placed my first Play-Asia order this week (always used to use NCSX), so I'm looking forward to Mr.Driller Encore, Aleste Collection, ESP Ra.De. PSI and Pawarumi (all for Switch) to show up soon!

• Like 6
  • Wow! 4

58 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

This is a great thread idea Tanooki! I don't buy as many imports as I used to, and I have given some of my GBA stuff away as gifts, but here goes.

Thanks.  I just got inspired as I didn't see one here and it felt like a disservice since I know many here have or had such things.  I enjoyed setting up what I did, but it also flooded me with memories of what I consider some catastrophic losses of the big sell off around 2005.  You'd feel awful too had you seen my Super Famicom collection, dozens of them, and I refused to ever buy the games unless they were completee, but then again over 10 years ago boxes and manuals weren't a premium either. 🙂  I could very well buy them back, but I'd stick to loose carts because they are now which is sad, yet I do have a SD2SNES but let's be honest, it's just not the same, the motivation just isn't there to use a game you downloaded vs paid for.  Same can be said for some Gameboy games I had too, and TG/PCE CD and card games as well, also still wish I had Rockman and Cotton for NGPC but the prices on those are gag worthy now too.

It got me even thinking last night, I went and ran through the nintendo wikia page of every gameboy game, did the US, then the EU and JP listings.  I know I'm probably missing a few, but I used to own just of gray GB carts over 120 games.  Gameboy Color probably half or more of that too.  GBA I never imported much, still have some as you saw, but I did used to have those bit generations games and they're gone.

What you have there and @drxandy that's impressive.  The boxed up games dr there has, sheesh, that's what gave me the SFC feels, because while those are a ton of GC games and N64 games, close enough.  And you, there are some complete SFC games I see as well...and I had some of those like those Parodius games 😞

I do believe I really should get off my ass at least and grab up the Hudson Select Takahashi Meijin (Adv Island) remaster.  I had Lode Runner, didn't do much for me, but then again it's cheap.  I kind of wish I didn't get rid of NIntendo Puzzle Collection but it was so rough, and Mr Driller I would get but it has fits with its saves killing others on memory cards when used off a JP device.

• Like 3

I haven't bought much in forever, but here's my little Famicom corner. Just some favorites whether it be artwork, gameplay, intrigue, etc. 

famicom_corner__.jpeg.c666547635f4203220e0e3a55ea46a20.jpeg

One JP exclusive franchise I think the west really missed out on was Dezaemon.  I have the Famicom and SFC versions.  It was basically a series of fully-featured shoot 'em up creation software produced up until the Saturn or PS1 I believe.  The FC cart was quite expensive to produce so perhaps that's why they never made it outside of Japan.  I'd like to try the Saturn version someday.

DezaemonCart1.png

How about Brazil, or Australia

warinthegulf_nes.jpeg.f12cb0461ee3e8750944c691334976f2.jpeg

I think I got this from Indonesia...

earthworm_nes_1.jpeg.29ede02d5a231e967b2af6cce33112e5.jpeg

Remember these? Before we had Everdrives or Power Paks, we had multi-carts, lol. I guess you could call it an import, origin unknown. 👾

76in1_.jpeg.82d410abbb0a718d3675974a274211fe.jpeg

🙂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

I couldn't get it on Switch at the time, so I bought the Rockman box set on PS4...

a0_PLVJ1TDKBsi0o-s-FSQ.jpg.4421a62d4f1aed1db68a5ebe14b5460d.jpg

...but I was able to get some of the other Rockman releases on Switch, along with the Belt Action Collection and I am Setsuna.

The Rockman box for Switch has one exclusive game in it. You can’t get it any other way besides buying the whole box set. I wish they would sell it separately, but this is life... 😤😤😤

55D1F478-F3FB-43C7-BB22-EF700FB636D4.png.d04e4f3bfdcfd4d633fc30de3d1340d0.png

Edited by phart010
  • Like 4

Nearly half of my collection are imports. I wouldn't really know what to showcase, but here's a somewhat random selection of some of my favourites.

YEHKgOz.jpg

Decided against including more recent stuff like PS4/Switch physical releases, since pretty much all of those are available "locally" as digital downloads anyway.

• Like 5