IGNORED

I FINALLY got my first ever PLATINUM PS3/PS4 trophy! Now have my second!

Estil

And it only took me just under 163 hours of playtime!  And no it wasn't a cheap Mickey Mouse platinum 😛

So as you guys know about a year(ish) or so ago I started to actually play a few PS3/PS4 games and of course that means good ol' trophy hunting.  Well I'm pleased to report that at long last I finally lost my platinum virginity 😄   I had been working on the new S edition of Dragon Quest 11 and I thought it would be a good time to dust off my regular copy to go for its platinum (I was already fairly close) and I did just that!  Of course this means it should only be a matter of time before I also platinum the newer S version as well.

So as my trophy card stands now, I'm at Level 113 with two platinums, 14 gold, 41 silver, 273 bronze...330 total.

So what was you guys first platinum trophy?  I still got Final Fantasy 12 to work on, plus FF10/FF10-X and Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5/2.5 from the PS3 to do...  Sadly some of my games (like PS3's Wheel/Jeopardy) are impossible to platinum because some of the trophies could only be done online and with most of the PS3 games any online features have long since been retired. 😞 

Edited by Estil
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

My first platinum was Call of Duty: World at War on PS3. 🙂

https://psnprofiles.com/Gloves_Off_Games

*sees it as August 2009*  Well yeah but you got a much longer head start 😛 I'm obviously a VERY late bloomer...I mean I've always been a mostly retro sort of gamer after all...

But still, being in the top 200 in all of Canada is nothing sneeze at all let me tell ya...

Whoever this Hakoom guy is (ranked first in US and world)...wow he must be like a living legend or something...*edit*Seriously!?!?  All that hard work and he only has a lousy 70K YouTube subscribers? 😛  Weak...

Edited by Estil

My first platinum trophy was for Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 a few years ago.  Amazing game that I enjoyed almost as much as Breath of the Wild, which it gets compared to a lot (even share the same release date).  

I've only earned two platinum trophies.  The second one was on Mudrunner on PS4.  There are several other games that I've acquired 100% trophies on, but none of the others offered a platinum trophy.  At the end of the day, I'm not much of a trophy hunter.  I have to really enjoy the game to go after them, and even then, if there are any ridiculous requirements, I usually just skip it and play the game.  Contrary to popular belief, it's possible to play these games without going after the trophies.   

Well if you count several Nintendo console/handheld games I've completely finished (got all badges/icons/stars/whatever) maybe my current trophy card wouldn't be quite so lacking!  But yeah like TDIRunner said there are "trophy like" things you can go for in Nintendo or PS1-PS2 games, you know like stars/icons/badges and so on?

44 minutes ago, Estil said:

But yeah like TDIRunner said there are "trophy like" things you can go for in Nintendo or PS1-PS2 games, you know like stars/icons/badges and so on?

I was actually referring to PS3/PS4 games with trophies that don't offer a platinum trophy.  Not all games have them.  Off the top of my head, I know that Machinarium only has a small number of trophies and none of them are platinum, even with 100%.

But to your point, I know I've "completed" lots of Nintendo games that didn't have any type of trophy system.  Super Mario World puts a start next to your save once you completed all level exits.  I'm currently playing through NSMB U Deluxe and you can get 5 starts on your save file for completing 100% of the game (I'm about to get start number 3 very soon).  

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Estil said:

*sees it as August 2009*  Well yeah but you got a much longer head start 😛 I'm obviously a VERY late bloomer...I mean I've always been a mostly retro sort of gamer after all...

But still, being in the top 200 in all of Canada is nothing sneeze at all let me tell ya...

Whoever this Hakoom guy is (ranked first in US and world)...wow he must be like a living legend or something...*edit*Seriously!?!?  All that hard work and he only has a lousy 70K YouTube subscribers? 😛  Weak...

An old friend of mine is a personal friend of Hakoom's. Dude sells trophies, he makes BANK getting trophies for people from Dubai on their accounts. They use them to show off to each other, and it "only" costs them a few thousand dollars (USD) for like a day of him "working", as it's mostly Japanese visual novels.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gloves said:

An old friend of mine is a personal friend of Hakoom's. Dude sells trophies, he makes BANK getting trophies for people from Dubai on their accounts. They use them to show off to each other, and it "only" costs them a few thousand dollars (USD) for like a day of him "working", as it's mostly Japanese visual novels.

I beg your pardon?  You're not saying Hakoom didn't legitimately earn his trophies I hope?  I'm sorry I'm confused about if he "buys" them, "sells" them or both...I honestly had no idea this was even a thing?  And I thought spending thousands of real dollars on fake game dollars or game powerups or whatnot was silly...

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Estil said:

I beg your pardon?  You're not saying Hakoom didn't legitimately earn his trophies I hope?  I'm sorry I'm confused about if he "buys" them, "sells" them or both...I honestly had no idea this was even a thing?  And I thought spending thousands of real dollars on fake game dollars or game powerups or whatnot was silly...

My friend is friends with Hakoom. Hakoom has a trophy service - Hakoom (actually his wife) will log into your account and earn trophies for you. 

Editorials Team · Posted

You guys are making me super curious as to how many 360 games I got the full gamerscore for.  Quite a few of them... Deadly Premonition, Modern Warfare, Ass Creed II, Enslaved... shit too many to remember.  Think Dragon Age was the only full 1750 I got.

Luckily the final boss was a breeze in that game with everyone at Level 99 (which you have to have for that group of eight bronze(?) trophies anyway) and thus saving the one gold trophy for last.  Turns out in the new S version you can't do that!  There's a few Tocklington quests as well as a few super secret new costumes (both Serena and Jade have a new super secret super sexy costume 😄 ) you can only get after defeating the final boss and getting its gold trophy!  Go figure!

It could be one of the Skylanders games, but I believe the first Platinum I ever got on my account was for the Lego Harry Potter trilogy game(s) on PS3, playing fairly exclusively co-op with the wife (@Rhapsody98).  Very few games have interested me enough to run around trying to perform every oddball task and challenge in order to get a virtual trophy, but the Lego Harry Potter stuff was fun enough to keep us interested well beyond having completed the game(s).

• The title was changed to I FINALLY got my first ever PLATINUM PS3/PS4 trophy! **Need help with DQ11-S's super secret superboss**

So now I'm JUST short of my second platinum for Dragon Quest 11 S...to get it I just have to get Jade's super secret super sexy new outfit (to complete the all appearance altering outfits silver trophy).  But it's guarded by the new super secret superboss made just for DQ11-S.  Can anyone help me on taking it down?  I got all Level 99s, everyone's best suit of clothes and best weapons (the kind that you make in the forge that are 3-4 upgrade sequence?) but the superboss seems impossible. 😞 

Edited by Estil

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! I also recently just got my first platinum:

Spider-Man PS4. (This one was pretty easy)

Since January I've really been getting into Trophy hunting after I found the psnprofiles site. I was a 360 kid so the PS trophy system is new to me. Its been a lot of fun going back and completing trophies I missed.

This week I finished

Star Force Anniversary

Wolfenstein Old Blood (platinum) 

I'm only missing the multiplayer achievements needed for platinum in Last of Us Remastered. But I don't have PS plus

https://psnprofiles.com/acromite53

Multiplayer achievements are annoying Like you said, some become unattainable. Drive Club is one that I can't get platinum because the servers are gone. I need to get in on Battlefield 1 soon. One achievement requires winning a game mode with a large lobby size. It will be hard to find a game.

Edited by acromite53

10 hours ago, acromite53 said:

I'm only missing the multiplayer achievements needed for platinum in Last of Us Remastered. But I don't have PS plus

The multiplayer trophies are not tough to get, but they do require playing quite a lot of matches. The good news is that, if you ever attempt it, you should have no trouble ever finding a match as tons of people are still playing that game.

Personally I love the multiplayer in TLOU. It's actually the only game I've ever enjoyed playing online, honestly. But the trophies will suck up a lot of your time to get them.

But still, yeah I agree that multiplayer trophies really, really suck. Lots of PS3 games are literally impossible to Platinum now.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 5:43 AM, cj_robot said:

The multiplayer trophies are not tough to get, but they do require playing quite a lot of matches. The good news is that, if you ever attempt it, you should have no trouble ever finding a match as tons of people are still playing that game.

Personally I love the multiplayer in TLOU. It's actually the only game I've ever enjoyed playing online, honestly. But the trophies will suck up a lot of your time to get them.

But still, yeah I agree that multiplayer trophies really, really suck. Lots of PS3 games are literally impossible to Platinum now.

Thats great to hear. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to buy a 1 month and crank through some multiplayer achievements. They do seem like fun.