Jump to content
IGNORED

World Of Nintendo binder/portfolio?


 Share

Recommended Posts

I just bought this thing...has World of Nintendo on it, feels like leather/fake leather and I can't find any info online about it. I'm guessing it was an employee item...but what would they have used it for? What would be inside it? I'd just like some history on this. There was sadly nothing inside (and if there was originally, Value Village might have thrown it away...). Thanks!

Oh and any advice on cleaning this? It has some sticker residue and idk if Goo Gone is a good idea on this thing.

 

Untitled.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

I just bought this thing...has World of Nintendo on it, feels like leather/fake leather and I can't find any info online about it. I'm guessing it was an employee item...but what would they have used it for? What would be inside it? I'd just like some history on this. There was sadly nothing inside (and if there was originally, Value Village might have thrown it away...). Thanks!

Oh and any advice on cleaning this? It has some sticker residue and idk if Goo Gone is a good idea on this thing.

 

Untitled.jpg

 

These are pretty nice. I love the embossing.  These were only used by Nintendo employees and industry insiders in the 90s.

They come up for sale every now and then.  There is one for each year up until around 98. I think this is 1992 and the best one in my opinion.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LaC said:

 

These are pretty nice. I love the embossing.  These were only used by Nintendo employees and industry insiders in the 90s.

They come up for sale every now and then.  There is one for each year up until around 98. I think this is 1992 and the best one in my opinion.

 

 

Do you have any more info on them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Do you have any more info on them?

They were just used to hold a notepad and pen. Used by Nintendo's merchandising force and corporate. Probably given store managers too.

Are you in the Redmond area? 😀I always see stuff like this show up there at the thrift stores.

Here are some on the eBays:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Employee-Rep-Portfolio-and-Pen-Promo-Display-Mario-Zelda/112844893394

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Play-It-Loud-Employee-Portfolio-Promo-Store-Display-Embossed-Folder-Binder/402396351984

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Employee-Rep-Portfolio-and-Pen-Promo-Display-Mario-Zelda/112844901560

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LaC said:

They were just used to hold a notepad and pen. Used by Nintendo's merchandising force and corporate. Probably given store managers too.

Are you in the Redmond area? 😀I always see stuff like this show up there at the thrift stores.

Here are some on the eBays:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Employee-Rep-Portfolio-and-Pen-Promo-Display-Mario-Zelda/112844893394

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Play-It-Loud-Employee-Portfolio-Promo-Store-Display-Embossed-Folder-Binder/402396351984

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Employee-Rep-Portfolio-and-Pen-Promo-Display-Mario-Zelda/112844901560

Ah so nothing TOO special then? Oh well...it's still super awesome. Man they go for a lot don't they...welp I'm holding onto mine firmly since it's so cool lol. I'd sooner sell games off then this baby.

I'm actually South of Seattle. But I've found some neat stuff trickle down this way like an official employees cookbook they gave out as a Christmas bonus I think in '92? Got that sucker at a rummage sale for a buck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Ah so nothing TOO special then? Oh well...it's still super awesome. Man they go for a lot don't they...welp I'm holding onto mine firmly since it's so cool lol. I'd sooner sell games off then this baby.

I'm actually South of Seattle. But I've found some neat stuff trickle down this way like an official employees cookbook they gave out as a Christmas bonus I think in '92? Got that sucker at a rummage sale for a buck.

The World of Nintendo one I've seen go for a bit, but most people don't know what these are and so I don't think there is a lot of interest.  The same ones have been on ebay for quite awhile.  

It's pretty special I think.  Less than a few hundred made, employee only item, and says World of Nintendo in the exact same image as the the injected molded M41W sign.  

If you are into merchandising and employee stuff it is definitely a keeper.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, shouldn't that maybe have been at like a retail location that had the full blown Ninendo licensed 'world of nintendo' counter setups back in the back half of the 80s into the 90s?

 

I'm with ferris, I'd be more happy to help...but come on...$2?!  Sheesh.  I'd put that in a shadowbox on the wall and leave it alone.  Anything touches that old ink on that material it's done.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...