IGNORED

Super Nintendo World

GPX

Miyamoto presents: the love child between Super Mario Universe and Disneyland. And it looks pretty freakin' cool!

Coming to Japan, US, Singapore and hopefully a few more countries later on. Will you go?

And that Shigeru, what a legend!

Edited by GPX
  • Like 4

I think aesthetically it looks amazing, but the activities they showed don't look especially fun. It also seems like the park is a bit small and might feel cramped. That being said, I'd love to visit some day. Hopefully the Mario Kart ride and some of the bigger attractions that we haven't seen yet turn out to be awesome.

• Like 3

We're kind of Disney/Disney World snobs but I think the whole family will be making an exception with this one when it comes to Orlando.

I admit this looks amazing but the activities seem basic. However, I think it's a product of location. We North Americans in general are so use to so much sprawl, that it's hard to comprehend just how much Japanese theme parks have to often pack into such small places. Maybe the one in the US will a bit more spread out and feel more robust.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RH said:

We're kind of Disney/Disney World snobs but I think the whole family will be making an exception with this one when it comes to Orlando.

I admit this looks amazing but the activities seem basic. However, I think it's a product of location. We North Americans in general are so use to so much sprawl, that it's hard to comprehend just how much Japanese theme parks have to often pack into such small places. Maybe the one in the US will a bit more spread out and feel more robust.

Last I read Epic Universe, the new Universal theme park that is supposed to have Super Nintendo World, is on hold. The original anticipated year of completion was 2023ish. They did acquire land etc for it and you can find the layouts of the land online. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think aesthetically it looks amazing, but the activities they showed don't look especially fun. It also seems like the park is a bit small and might feel cramped. That being said, I'd love to visit some day. Hopefully the Mario Kart ride and some of the bigger attractions that we haven't seen yet turn out to be awesome.

I think it’s aimed at kids or for general family fun. It’s not meant to be a substitute for hardcore gamers being inside an interactive hardcore game.

That being said, just the thought of immersing yourself with the Nintendo characters, backgrounds and all those Mario tunes would be kinda awesome! In the least, it’d be like entering the best gaming mancave one would hope to enter! 🙂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I think it looks amazing. The wristband thing looks gimmicky, yeah, but I'd reckon this would be a blast. I hope my brother and I can go together sometime.

I am not sure what other functions the wristbands might do, but I believe you do have to pay for them. I am disappointed that they did not implement something along the lines of the wristbands at Volcano Bay, the Tapu Tatpu, where they are loaned to you, but they have some features such as a virtual line, tap to pay (when hooked up to your account) and it also notifies you when some rides are available to "Ride Now". I know the wristband at Volcano Bay is much larger, but I would have figured they could have included some mini games or something fun to justify the price. Either way, I am excited to see how it all works out! 🙂

• Like 2

I am all in excited, been following the progress for a long time and think the result from drawing board looks amazing, such nice attention to detail. I also hope the orlando version doesn't take too long to get a green light, since it would be the cheapest for me to visit haha. I would love to travel to the Japanese one too, maybe one day if covid simmers down. 

Edit:

I really like this little game disney parks and universal are playing at trying to show each other up with quality new rides, it's about time! The new starwars ride at disney has such a cool ride system, very impressive and if this is telling of future rides it's only gonna get more insane. I hear the hagrid coaster at universal is suuuper themed and awesome, and they have the jurassic park velocicoaster finishing up that looks amazing.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

I don't usually care about amusement parks, but I'll definitely make an exception if/when international travel becomes feasible again. I'm sure that kinopio's cafe would be overpriced as all get-out, but I would still enjoy the novelty of it all. That little mario puppet looks like a fun toy too. In the end, I'd be really excited to see the AR tech in the bowser coaster. All in all, keeping it on my list if I happen to be in Osaka.

• Like 1

Really nice spending time with the guy and you can see despite it being a loaded presentation he was getting into it, and it's hard not to as well with a smile thinking about what it would be like to go there.  Lucky day for him there, or any day at this rate, being able to experience it in full without being mobbed by the crowds that pack such places.  I'd love to visit it when the US attraction opens, but no one around this family seems to like or care about Universal and I can't see any way I'd get to escape and do that alone which blows.

Those bands said right in there they're amiibo compatible, not sure what the debate about is here about them.  What they'll load to them though should be interesting, but either way a really fun keep sake.  I imagine they put some insanely well built materials and work into such designs knowing a bunch of jerks and little bastards will be punching and hitting the crap out of stuff intentionally or just being out of control.  Hopefully the park on the whole holds up to the pounding it'll receive around those themed bracelets.  I'd love to get one for myself, especially that tokitoki mario park exclusive toy for my desk.  I know all well there will be traveling scalpers and domestic eventually who will hammer people hard on such nicely made things like that who can't make the trip or afford it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Graphics Team · Posted

I went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal with my family yesterday, and we decided to stroll through Super Nintendo World while we were there.

I'm personally not a big fan of theme parks in general, and it was too crowded to really try out the attractions, but I have to admit - it legitimately felt like stepping out of the real world and into a Mario game as soon as I came through the warp-pipe entrance. The sets were brilliant, and I'm glad I got to walk around the Mushroom Kingdom for a few minutes haha.

[T-Pac]

image.png.6db7aaeec96ff8b9c9bdf0547dedcbc7.png

• Like 6