IGNORED

GamePro Magazine with Rare Michael Jordan Card Included

mideast

Just a heads up for the magazine collectors out there! There's an issue of GamePro from December 1994 with a Donkey Kong Country cover that has a rare Michael Jordan Upper Deck card included in an uncut sheet. It's a promo card for the SNES game Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City. I believe it's considered rare by Michael Jordan collectors because it wasn't sold in packs, it was only available through this issue of GamePro. I was selling a video game magazine lot a while back on eBay and had a Michael Jordan collectibles account suspiciously message me asking if the card was there, so I looked it up. They go for about $150+ on eBay as seen here. I ended up removing the uncut sheet and selling it separately from the lot. Although, it was a slow sell and took many months.

It's funny how video game collectors and sports card collectors may not overlap. So even though you think you know the value of the collectibles you're selling, there might be hidden value in there somewhere! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.44.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.45.16 PM.png

• Like 5

Glad to see you sharing the info @mideast!  I want that Earthworm Jim strategy guide, though.  I don't have that one yet.  That thing looks awesome.  

I also have noticed this card getting up there for value.  That graded one sold for over $500 a while back too.  It is pretty crazy seeing the overlap that is starting to happen between the different disciplines and this is a prime example.  

PAPER FOR LYFE! 😛

Thanks for the tag @Foochie776!

I though I remembered this card being in Game Players Magazine as well, so I looked through my collection and it appears that GP actually got a door hanger instead. However, one seems to have sold for a decent amount too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-RARE-1994-Michael-Jordan-EA-PROMO-Chaos-In-The-Windy-City-UNPUNCHED-/402591696506?hash=item5dbc55c67a%3Ag%3AZS0AAOSwsttfy9KX&nma=true&si=BCMgIJd5H%2BZBIZuQT0tWs%2FUjenQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scaryice said:

I though I remembered this card being in Game Players Magazine as well, so I looked through my collection and it appears that GP actually got a door hanger instead. However, one seems to have sold for a decent amount too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-RARE-1994-Michael-Jordan-EA-PROMO-Chaos-In-The-Windy-City-UNPUNCHED-/402591696506?hash=item5dbc55c67a%3Ag%3AZS0AAOSwsttfy9KX&nma=true&si=BCMgIJd5H%2BZBIZuQT0tWs%2FUjenQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Wow I've never seen that one. Any idea what issue? I love early Game Player's Nintendo Buyers Guide. Their format was so unofficial it's endearing.