IGNORED

Is it bad that I have never heard of Super Potato, even though I went to Japan?

Alex Nguyen

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been but I have heard that it has now become a bit too famous with foreigners and the prices are the same as eBay or higher.

They apparently still do have some rarer items though.

So unless you were looking for something specific, I don’t think you have missed out on much. I personally think the arcades were time better spent.

You can watch heaps of YouTube videos that have been filmed.

Yeah you screwed up, but not as bad as if you had found it 5-10+ years ago though.  Why?  Post above said it, too famous thanks to people going in there to pick their shelves clean to put on ebay.  They caught on what all those tourists were up to and raised the rates so high, it's only a convenience shop now for really obscure stuff as the prices aren't reasonable anymore.  THink of it as at this point missing out on a video game museum of sorts, just with retail tags on every display.

I've been to Japan and there are tons of retro stores like Super Potato in Akihabara; that one store just gets all the acclaim in the west due to its silly name.  They do have tons of selection, but they know what they have so it's not like you were going to be tripping over CIB Moon Crystals and Gimmicks for 100 Yen.  Though I will say this: if you're a Famicom and/or PC Engine collector like I am, Super Potato and about eight other stores in the area are not to be missed...

8 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I've been to Japan and there are tons of retro stores like Super Potato in Akihabara; that one store just gets all the acclaim in the west due to its silly name.  They do have tons of selection, but they know what they have so it's not like you were going to be tripping over CIB Moon Crystals and Gimmicks for 100 Yen.  Though I will say this: if you're a Famicom and/or PC Engine collector like I am, Super Potato and about eight other stores in the area are not to be missed...

Me i'd like to find a store that has a full brown box of GB games would any have that?