IGNORED

SMP Minecraft Server Halloween Event

darkchylde28

After much effort, the time has come to announce the Halloween event happening on the SMP (survival multiplayer) Minecraft server run by @Jeevan!

With Halloween being essentially shut down for many this year due to the ongoing pandemic, my wife and I (with help from @Jeevan & @ninjistar) have spent time building an entire town within which Trick or Treating can take place.  If you're not already playing on the server, all are welcome, so feel free to sign in and hang out with us!  Treats (and the occasional trick) will be available all over town, and are free for players to keep beyond the event!  After everyone who is interested has had the chance to participate, a drawing will be held to determine which random combination of items collected wins the event!  A prize pool is being collected from all active players containing everything from food, to enchanted weapons & armor, and even hard to get items like shulker boxes, mob heads, and even spawn eggs!

Depending on interest and player participation, we may have a costume contest as well to determine which player has created the best skin!

I've attached a couple of images to show some of what we've been up to, although you'll have to log on to see (and experience) it all!

Feel free to post thoughts, questions, RSVPs, etc. in this thread.  Hope to see you there!

Requirements: Java Minecraft (PC/Mac/Linux only, sorry)

Server Address: 104.128.70.78:25631 (Vanilla 1.16.1, just ask if you're not sure how to pick a specific version to launch)

Date(s): Friday - 10/30/2020 (3 PM to 12 AM), Halloween - 10/31/2020 (9 AM to 2 AM), Sunday - 11/1/2020 (9 AM to 12 AM)  [All times Eastern]

Halloween_Event_Neighborhood.png

Halloween_Event_Downtown.png

Edited by darkchylde28
Updated post to reflect additional event dates.
  • Like 4

Events Helper · Posted

Can confirm, this is legit a work of love and awesomeness!  Just toured part of the town before work. 

@darkchylde28 and his wife and @ninjistar did waaaaaaaay more than me, i appeared and slept a couple times to make it day time lol.

Hope to see some of you closet minecrafters here!  I will join up to see the event unfold and participate as well in between races 😛 lol

Edit:  or whatever gets chosen!

• Like 1

Wow, didn't know VGS had a Minecraft server!  I haven't played the game in over 2 years, and even then, I barely played it and don't know much about the intricacies about the game.  Looks fun.  Not sure if I can make it Halloween night (kids and all), but maybe in the future!

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Sumer said:

Wow, didn't know VGS had a Minecraft server!  I haven't played the game in over 2 years, and even then, I barely played it and don't know much about the intricacies about the game.  Looks fun.  Not sure if I can make it Halloween night (kids and all), but maybe in the future!

it's an unnoficially licensed server 🤣.  feel free to join.  we need more people to get the old blood back on and playing lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sumer said:

Well, I've thought about opening up the event for the day before, day of, and day after Halloween but hadn't set that in stone just yet.  There's no specific time at all set for things just yet, so depending on how many folks would be interested, we could definitely see about picking a time or dates and times that would work best for the greatest number of folks.  Hope to see you there!

For everyone else who might be curious or interested, I took a quick look this afternoon and found that resellers are, in fact, offering Java Minecraft licenses for anywhere from $3-7 on the lower end, so it wouldn't be a huge investment if you're just wanting to dip your toes in the water to check things out (similar to the $5 PC entry fee for Among Us).

• Like 2

Just a quick heads up to everybody, the original post has been updated to reflect additional dates for the event to ensure that everyone who wants to participate gets the chance!  As several server regulars can attest, the town is approximately 98% complete, with primarily double checking details and loading the treats (and tricks!) to go 100% live.  For those who don't have the game but are interested, I did see a bunch of sellers offering Java Edition Minecraft keys on eBay for $4-5, so it won't cost an arm and a leg just to hop on solely for the event!  (I purchased my Bedrock Edition key this way and can attest that these are normally legit.)

I hope everybody gets a chance to stop by and can't wait to see you there!

• Like 2

Just a heads up to everybody that our Halloween Minecraft event begins this afternoon at 3:00 PM Eastern!  For those who haven't played on the server before, there are signs posted on the shore right across from spawn that will direct you where to go.  A "staff" member should be online during the times when the event is officially in progress, so if you have any questions, get stuck, etc., feel free to reach out via the in-game chat.  I've already heard of at least a couple of costumes being crafted for the event, so make sure to bring yours as well!  Looking forward to seeing everybody sometime during the next 3 days!

• Like 2

Just now, Jeevan said:

lots of effort has gone into this.  please stop by and say hey!  I'll be on this evening if you wanna play with yours truly!!!!  Also @Rhapsody98 and @darkchylde28 will be there too 😏

I don't know that I'll ever really leave today, and the wife will most likely be in the same kind of mode once school lets out.  😄

• Haha 2