IGNORED

Wata / Redhood : Should dealers be able to work at Wata?

25 minutes ago, SkywardLink said:

The whole thread smells "stinky" because you want a frontal picture and phone number? Kidding aside, I said the reason to not want to put name to the one starting a conversation. If that detours the conversation because I raise questions of a Wata employee coming to market several hundred Wata games less than 3 months after working there, thats your perspective. 

I said "Maybe this concern is legitimate, maybe not." My perspective is that I see the irony in someone who will break the rules in order to suit his needs, but will call out others for potentially doing the same.  Hiding behind a fake account is cowardly at best and malicious at worst.  If you are concerned enough about their practices then own it.  

15 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Some smell funk, others see it as an extension of the witness protection program.

I for one am glad people are bringing up and discussing the conflicts of interest bundled up tightly in that adorable little package known as Wata 

Good to know that Dave encourages breaking site rules. 

10 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I said "Maybe this concern is legitimate, maybe not." My perspective is that I see the irony in someone who will break the rules in order to suit his needs, but will call out others for potentially doing the same.  Hiding behind a fake account is cowardly at best and malicious at worst.  If you are concerned enough about their practices then own it.  

Good to know that Dave encourages breaking site rules. 

Always great when administrators start throwing out baseless accusations. 

I never said anything about supporting or encouraging people to break site rules, that's maybe reading between the lines too much. I expect better 😛

edit: Also wouldn't what B.A. said be classified under site rules #1? I definitely felt the burn and pain of his harassment from what he said towards me. Luckily it's only morning, otherwise I'm not sure how I'd sleep tonight.

edit 2: I'd also make the case that he broke rule #7 as well.

Edited by fcgamer

On 9/29/2020 at 11:23 PM, OptOut said:

Okay fellas, sorry for the delay!

I went into full hacker mode and traced the IP address of @SkywardLink back to the source, and you will not BELIEVE who the culprit is!!!

The fool left his webcam on we got live feed on him:

dain.thumb.png.f692dfd29ee124900aaf5c51904f78f4.png

Rat bastard! Got SOME nerve showin up back here!!! 😡

The empty shelves were a great touch lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know I should have responded sooner.

But...

I will simplify by saying similar things have been said about both AFA and VGA. Down the line similar accusations were made, with reasons tied to AFA's affiliation with Cloud City Collectibles. Eventually new controversies popped up when a Rebelscum.com member named 'Hoth_My_Fav' made a strong effort to discredit CAS in 2017. One member started to investigate him, and found that HMF had a checkered past himself. But when it came down to it another claim popped up about him getting a "deal" from AFA when it came to him doing that type of attack.

When it comes to that forum, I will post the link if needed. But I should note that CAS's own Ross Barr joined the forum as a means to explain everything, help those who needed it, and more. HMF's disregard for anything asked to him, or about him, lead to claims that he was getting said rumored benefits. Years later he continued, going as far as saying that if CAS went out of business their gradings would be put into question. This resulted in me pulling an item out of the grading process, explaining why, and the like. With me (I am 'Your_Scoundrel' there) pointing out to him that they were informed of his attacks. Since then I still gave AFA a shot since he ended up not making another anti-CAS comment since then.

In the end accusations like this are nothing new. But I am with @Gloves on the idea that being punished for speaking up is not a good excuse to do business with anybody. No matter how good of a job they do.

Anyone remember that trimmed Honus Wagner? Things can definintely happen like that. While I'm not a sealed guy, I understand the concern about conflicts of interest, and other such shenanigans when it comes to graded items. It's inevitable since accountability is often limited and grading by nature is subjective. I've cracked open graded MTG cards and let me tell you an 8 doesn't always mean an 8. It was subjectively an 8 when it was graded and by whom it was graded. I get the idea of population reports, but there are a lot of people who have mint/near mint items or just overly large collections that just don't care to get them graded or don't want to have to grade 100s of games so there could well be more out there that aren't currently graded with a particular grading service. Just some things to keep in mind when it comes to this stuff!