IGNORED

Ideas to make Super Mario 3D All-Stars more desirable than making it limited.

Alex Nguyen

Now I'm not as huge of a Mario fan as others, but he's one of if not the most important video game characters of all time. I can ask anyone who doesn't play video games and know who the Italian plumber is, which is something I can't say for a lot of other gaming icons such as Crash, Spyro, Mega Man, etc. Which is why I was pretty disappointed on how they handled the compilation. Now looking back, Nintendo lately hasn't handled Mario anniversary compilations well like with Mario's 25th Anniversary, but this release is much bigger since the Switch has more of a dedicated following than the Wii and Mario's 35th Anniversary has a lot of hype behind it. I bet money that the reason why Nintendo made it so limited is because not many people would not buy it since they did not add much to the collection. Which is why I thought up of other ways to make the compilation more desirable than making it limited. Which are:

Super Mario Galaxy 2

GameCube controller support

Actually remake the games by fixing all the bugs, add content that was previously cut from the original releases, 60 FPS, add screen settings, etc.

Add some developer interviews about the games

Include the Super Mario pin set in the physical version instead of making it a My Nintendo Rewards exclusive.

Have a mini concept art or Art of Super Mario booklet included in the physical version.

Include some other Super Mario media such as the obscure anime movie "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!" (Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach) remastered for Mario fans with official subtitles or a dub for Western fans or some episodes of the DiC Mario shows like Mama Luigi from Super Mario World (which looking back is a really funny episode)

Add a history gallery of Mario or other world events.

Make the soundtrack physical (maybe)

Giving My NIntendo reward members coupons for the Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (digital or physical) when they buy Super Mario 3D All-Stars. (This one might be a stretch)

Now I'm sure that there are many other ways to make this collection more desirable in a more efficient way. I'm just listing some things based on that one time when I owned Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition when I got it for my birthday. It was $39.99 retail in 2012 (around $45 today) which included some episodes from the Kirby anime, history gallery, 6 games, physical art book, and other cool features. If they at least did half or some of the suggestions, that would truly make this collection feel really special and make Mario fans feel rewarded for playing his games all these years. Now, I did not get the collection or played it yet, but thank you for letting me share my thoughts.

Note: Now I did make the same post, but I put it in the wrong forum.

Edited by Alex Nguyen
  • Like 2

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, OptOut said:

Every half hour of playtime a holographic projection of Princess Peach emerges from the right joycon to give you a blow job.

This setting can be toggled on or off with parental controls, and you can also change the projection to display Luigi, if that's your thing.

15 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Damn you for mAking me do this

9D612A51-F432-4A39-829E-867777B93025.jpeg

• Haha 3

I think with releases like this there should be one game that is as faithful to tje originals as possible and one that smoothens out the polygons offers different resolutions has better graphics etc. So when offering the game they should be thinking "how can we offer as much of this game as possible?".

Like when Super Game Boy and Game Boy Player were hardware as opposed to gameplay emulation but with SMB 35th Anniversary they didn't do that. If you're gonna offer upscaled resolution then go 1080p on all games not just skip out on one. Going back to the first psrt it always bugged me that the original All-Stars didn't have the NES version games aswell.

Altough 35 isn't even an Anniversary year that's just some weirdo shit right there. They were itching to release it. And not itching very much to put in the full workload to commemorate it. It's not as turdy as the Wii All-Stars where they just re-packaged an alteady existing one but it's also not anything extra either. It's a bare minimum project.

14 hours ago, OptOut said:

Every half hour of playtime a holographic projection of Princess Peach emerges from the right joycon to give you a blow job.

This setting can be toggled on or off with parental controls, and you can also change the projection to display Luigi, if that's your thing.

8AFEDB9A-9D60-402B-8CF7-171F2C159A75.gif