IGNORED

Official VGS Original Art Thread

Tanooki

The only art class outside of a semester they did at my high school was an summer program with that mark kistler's draw squad decades ago.  He was a local nobody at the time who just went around to schools and promoted well being with drawing and all that as a positive way for kids to grow.  Somehow in that time apparently he has taken off and gotten huge in the area of drawing I found out fairly recently.  I'll always remember his mom though, she was a teacher at my high school for health, totally wacky and laid back hippie like lady who always wore these huge hats because she never got her hair cut for decades so it hit the floor.  She had his art in the room too and used it a bit too to help in teaching.

Events Team · Posted

In preparation for the spookiest time of year, and as a little thank you to @CasualCart for drawing me this amazing character, I decided to practice with the new pumpkin carving kit I just got earlier today. I hope you guys like it 🙂

20200922_151620.jpg

20200922_192952.jpg

20200922_192955.jpg

It's FAR from perfect, but I did what I could. You can't tell in the picture, but the pumpkin I used is substantially smaller than a regular-sized pumpkin (Probably less than half the size) so it was much harder to capture all the intricate details of Casual's logo. The pumpkin is white though, so that's pretty neat 😛

If anyone has any requests for carvings they'd like to see me do, let me know! I love pumpkin carving, it's super fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

In preparation for the spookiest time of year, and as a little thank you to @CasualCart for drawing me this amazing character, I decided to practice with the new pumpkin carving kit I just got earlier today. I hope you guys like it 🙂

20200922_151620.jpg

20200922_192952.jpg

20200922_192955.jpg

It's FAR from perfect, but I did what I could. You can't tell in the picture, but the pumpkin I used is substantially smaller than a regular-sized pumpkin (Probably less than half the size) so it was much harder to capture all the intricate details of Casual's logo. The pumpkin is white though, so that's pretty neat 😛

If anyone has any requests for carvings they'd like to see me do, let me know! I love pumpkin carving, it's super fun.

Nice!  I'm looking forward to punkin carving season.

I want dat tool set!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

I want dat tool set!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W89TMK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Knock yourself out 😛 It's definitely pretty good from the little bit of experience I have with it. Definitely a massive upgrade over the 99 cent tool I used last year, haha

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, JamesRobot said:

How sturdy are the blades?  Any bending?  Is the ebook at all useful? 

Blades seem pretty sturdy, they didn't bend when I used them, although I've only done this one carving so far, I don't know how they'll do long term. So far so good, though. And I haven't checked out the ebook yet, so I don't know how useful it is.

• Thanks 1

Graphics Team · Posted
16 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

20200922_151620.jpg

20200922_192952.jpg

20200922_192955.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (I'm a pumpkin!)

-CasualCart

• Haha 1

Guests · Posted

Hello!

This is my first post at VGS but I've been lurking for a long time 🙂
I really enjoyed going through the posts. Awesome illustrations for ZeldaFreak @CasualCart and a very nice breakdown of the body @Gloves Impressive sculpting! @ZeldaFreak I prefer digital sculpting myself, it's less of a mess, haha.

Here are a couple of labels that I've done for Kevin Mellott and his HyperFlash32 which is a flash cart for the Virtual Boy that has an e-Ink screen. These are scaled to 200%

hf32_labels.png

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, Mumphy said:

Hello!

This is my first post at VGS but I've been lurking for a long time 🙂
I really enjoyed going through the posts. Awesome illustrations for ZeldaFreak @CasualCart and a very nice breakdown of the body @Gloves Impressive sculpting! @ZeldaFreak I prefer digital sculpting myself, it's less of a mess, haha.

Here are a couple of labels that I've done for Kevin Mellott and his HyperFlash32 which is a flash cart for the Virtual Boy that has an e-Ink screen. These are scaled to 200%

hf32_labels.png

Wow, I really like those labels! And yeah, fair enough on preferring digital sculpting, you definitely have a point on it being less of a mess, haha. There's just something satisfying about physically carving something, and I really enjoy the experience of carving pumpkins. Plus, to be fair, people can make some really crazily good carvings that look insanely smooth and detailed, I'm just not up to that skill level yet since I only started carving last year. This most recent carving for CasualCart was only my third ever pumpkin carving, and I made a ton of mistakes and kind of had to wing it, haha. My previous two carvings looked a little better since they were on much bigger pumpkins, so it was easier to capture smaller details.

Guests · Posted
11 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Wow, I really like those labels! And yeah, fair enough on preferring digital sculpting, you definitely have a point on it being less of a mess, haha. There's just something satisfying about physically carving something, and I really enjoy the experience of carving pumpkins. Plus, to be fair, people can make some really crazily good carvings that look insanely smooth and detailed, I'm just not up to that skill level yet since I only started carving last year. This most recent carving for CasualCart was only my third ever pumpkin carving, and I made a ton of mistakes and kind of had to wing it, haha. My previous two carvings looked a little better since they were on much bigger pumpkins, so it was easier to capture smaller details.

Thanks!

I haven't done much traditional sculpting myself, be that in clay or in pumpkin, but totally get what you're saying.