IGNORED

Official VGS Original Art Thread

Tanooki

12 hours ago, Mumphy said:

Hello!

This is my first post at VGS but I've been lurking for a long time 🙂
I really enjoyed going through the posts. Awesome illustrations for ZeldaFreak @CasualCart and a very nice breakdown of the body @Gloves Impressive sculpting! @ZeldaFreak I prefer digital sculpting myself, it's less of a mess, haha.

Here are a couple of labels that I've done for Kevin Mellott and his HyperFlash32 which is a flash cart for the Virtual Boy that has an e-Ink screen. These are scaled to 200%

hf32_labels.png

Ahhh I know you/of you from discord I do believe.  I've seen this work roll by on his section of the planet vb discord channel and you do some of the best work I've seen for that unique devices e-ink panel.  I wish more developers were so creative with their flash kits as a little art like that goes a long way.

• Like 1

Guests · Posted
9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ahhh I know you/of you from discord I do believe.  I've seen this work roll by on his section of the planet vb discord channel and you do some of the best work I've seen for that unique devices e-ink panel.  I wish more developers were so creative with their flash kits as a little art like that goes a long way.

Yepp, we post them in his channel whenever a new one is done. Thank you, appreciate it! 
Yeah, it's a very cool product and a fun project to be a part of. I might post a couple of more here, just don't want to spam 😉

Guests · Posted

Here's a couple of more labels for the HyperFlash32 project I've been involved in (se previous page). I also attached an image that is photos of the labels on the e-Ink screen, just to give you an idea of the final result.

hf32_gundamMario.png

hf32_gundamMarioPhoto.jpg

Graphics Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Mumphy said:

Here's a couple of more labels for the HyperFlash32 project I've been involved in (se previous page). I also attached an image that is photos of the labels on the e-Ink screen, just to give you an idea of the final result.

hf32_gundamMario.png

hf32_gundamMarioPhoto.jpg

These are so sick! I can't imagine how great some of these old games would've looked if they had pixel-artists like you back in the day.

-CasualCart

• Like 2

Guests · Posted
51 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

These are so sick! I can't imagine how great some of these old games would've looked if they had pixel-artists like you back in the day.

-CasualCart

Ah, thanks man. I really appreciate the kind words. I learnt a lot during that project and had a lot of fun with it. 

Great point on the pixel art.  I used to do it like 20 years ago, was quite solid at the 8/16bit style stuff doing stage layouts, characters etc.  I think it would have applied nicely to the virtual boy level stuff had it not been pulled off the market before it deserved it.

...and suddenly, I have an odd feeling I need a quarter to bounce all of a sudden. 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...