IGNORED

Protective clear cases

12 minutes ago, austin532 said:

I assume you mean the plastic box protectors? Some are better quality than others but they get the job done. I use box protectors for boxes and cellophane bags for disc based games. Not every system has a protector/bag though. I'm still looking for cellophane bags for PSP games.

Correct, I just see some that are thinner or thicker, but wasn't sure if there as a "good, better, best" options for different box protectors and their platforms.

I just got my first order of Kollector Protector cases (0.5mm rather than 0.3mm of everything else I've bought). They're definitely much sturdier, also more expensive since even in bulk they're about $1 but priced into each individual game it isn't much. I'll probably switch all my collection over to them.

• Like 1

https://www.videogameboxprotectors.com

These are my favorites. Plus, they send ya a pretty cool sticker with your purchase.

Edit: Don’t listen to these other guys or gals. @DefaultGen good luck switching over your collection guy. That should take a few months...😳

Edited by Richardhead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

https://www.videogameboxprotectors.com

These are my favorites. Plus, they send ya a pretty cool sticker with your purchase.

Edit: Don’t listen to these other guys or gals. @DefaultGen good luck switching over your collection guy. That should take a few months...😳

Those look fine, but as previously stated by someone the 0.5 thickness has an appeal to me. Newbie starting so may order a few of each and see which I like better.

The kollectorprotector 0.5 are great great great for display but if you plan on opening them it's super annoying and makes me feel like I might scratch something. 

Honestly though I like both, the 0.5 look so sharp that i want to put my fancy games in them and the rest in the thinner ones.

Thinner ones I have bought from retroprotection and buzzandbingomooncircus on eBay, retroprotection has Japanese gamecube which is fairly hard to find, otherwise I would have gone with videogameboxprotectors based off of everyone here.

4 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Anybody have protectors for Gameboy console boxes?

I just bought one, kinda couldn't believe how cheap it is considering most people will only ever need to buy one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Original-NINTENDO-GAME-BOY-CONSOLE-0-50mm-Box-Protector-Blue-Gray-Box-Only/173995238444?hash=item2882eca42c:g:wHoAAOSwlGNdUhOy

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I should also mention I got 5% off my order with videogameboxprotectors.com because my order was over $140 and I got another 5% because I used the promotional code nintendoage.

That's good to know.  I was aware of the Nintendoage discount, but not the other discount.  I'm getting ready to order again, and I will be close to that mark, so I might need to add a few more things to my order.  

• 1 year later...

I need to buy 200 GB cases, no idea where to buy - are they tested to not affect the cardboard and printing on the boxes? airflow should be fine since they're not sealing. regarding thickness, are th 0.3mm useless in case they fall of a shelf, or if you stack 10 boxes? 0.3 mm seems already thick, i imagine 0.5mm is quite massive

Did some research, vast majority are all the same, most likely from the same factory in China or a bunch of factories doing pretty much the same specs: 0.3 mm PET with peelable front (and back? not sure from the pics). Found a different one, same thickness but made of acrylic instead of PET. I've also seen one or two places selling 0.4 and 0.5 mm.

I gave these a try, bought a pack of 10, if they're good I'll order more.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32996300946.html

does anyone know if acrylic is better than pet? all i found is that it's more brittle but also more scratch resistant. i'm not sure which one will get more brittle and yellow faster with time.