IGNORED

A special shoutout to the colorado crew

SuperJimtendo

In exactly one months time my journey begins a new chapter. And with that I'm leaving colorado and my crew behind. It was a tremendously tough decision to make but one that is for me and my family. 

But of course I can't just leave it at that. Colorado is my home and I will certainly miss it. Part of that home is great friends. 

First up is @Richardhead. I've worked with this cat for over 10 years now across the two jobs and a lot of those shifts just wouldn't be the same without him being there. Outside of work hanging out and watching wrestling or playing games is always a treat and a welcome escape from reality. He never fails to get a laugh out of me even if it's at his own expense just watching him interact with someone. And come on the guy came up with grilled twinkies covered in ice cream. Always quick to help when I've needed it and just a straight up good dude who I've had the honor to spend excess time with. 

@JamesRobot and I go back as long as rich and I do. Secondspin being a shared experience. Many fond memories hanging out in the back of the store after close drinkin beers and playing cards. Too often carefree nights like those just don't exist anymore but I'm glad we got to have them.  From weekly wrestling to big pay-per-view shindigs, James too is always good for laughs. Watching him and rich go back and forth on any manner of subjects is something you can't explain you just gotta be there to experience it. Can take a fun night and add that extra element to kick it up a notch. Gonna miss that.

And lastly @Murray who I don't know as well as the other two but we've had some shared experiences that can't be replicated either. He's finding out about this move as he reads this, though we talked about it being a possibility nearly a year ago. Murray did something special for me that I'll never forget. May not know this but up until a year ago I didn't know how to drive and good guy Murray was the first person to dare let me drive them around town after I got my license. Really helped boost my driving confidence and i'm grateful for that. What he lacks in history he makes up for in uniqueness. A whole different dynamic to the equation. 

Good friends are hard to come by and these guys are each great in their own ways. So let's make some more memories before I go and From the bottom of my heart, thank you homies.  The colorado crew maybe losing a member but I know this exclusive club is in good hands. 

• Like 14

I've been to CO just once.  When my wife and I were married, I had a job where I would fly out across the US to remote towns, install software we were writing and train people on how to use it.  My boss came to me a couple of weeks before the wedding and told me they had a job lined up in Crested Butte, CO.  If I'd take the job after our honeymoon, we could fly out there and "stay as long as we liked" on the company dime.  Jeez, the drive from Denver to the middle of the Rockies was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever had and even though it was the middle of the summer, Crested Butte (a ski town) was amazing.  I'd never seen snow capped mountains in the middle of summer in my entire life and it felt amazing.

I know it had to be tough to leave, especially if you had good friends, but good luck with the new move.  Colorado is up their with the Grand Canyon in my book.  Some of the most beautiful bits of land in the world.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Dang.  I didn't realize this was gonna happen that quick.  Def gotta get together in the next week or so.  Gonna miss you pal.

I met Jimbo at the music store and I could tell right away that he had terrible taste in music.  Good times. 

You must have missed the group text saying we need to get together....

4 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Dang.  I didn't realize this was gonna happen that quick.  Def gotta get together in the next week or so.  Gonna miss you pal.

I met Jimbo at the music store and I could tell right away that he had terrible taste in music.  Good times. 

skanking pickle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, SuperJimtendo said:

Dickinson. Two hours outside of bizmark and like 6.5 hours away from boseman

No way! I was in Dickinson for a week last year for three property assessments. I thought it was a real nice place and I know exactly what game store you are talking about. I shopped there between jobs and brought several games and a Duck Hunt amiibo home. They had a sweet looking Master Sword for sale, but I doubt I would be able to get that through TSA and on an airplane. Be sure to check out the Geese in Flight outdoor sculpture to the east of Dickinson, along Interstate 94. The Dinosaur museum was great too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoshi said:

No way! I was in Dickinson for a week last year for three property assessments. I thought it was a real nice place and I know exactly what game store you are talking about. I shopped there between jobs and brought several games and a Duck Hunt amiibo home. They had a sweet looking Master Sword for sale, but I doubt I would be able to get that through TSA and on an airplane. Be sure to check out the Geese in Flight outdoor sculpture to the east of Dickinson, along Interstate 94. The Dinosaur museum was great too.

That dinosaur museum is pretty boss. That sculpture is one of many along the enchanted highway east of town. If you ever make it that way again hit me up