IGNORED

How to remove printed subscriber address from late Nintendo Power issues?

MiamiSlice

I have a bunch of Nintendo Power subscriber issues from the late run (think issue 230 and up). These have the address printed directly onto the front cover of the magazine. Is there anyway to remove this? I want to sell these and I don't want people to know my old address... 

Worst case is it frowned upon if I block it out with black sharpie???

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I have a bunch of Nintendo Power subscriber issues from the late run (think issue 230 and up). These have the address printed directly onto the front cover of the magazine. Is there anyway to remove this? I want to sell these and I don't want people to know my old address... 

Worst case is it frowned upon if I block it out with black sharpie???

FYI blocking it out with sharpie will not truly conceal your address.

I'd leave them as-is. Why does it matter if someone knows your old address?

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Because my parents still live there.

I wonder then what the value of the NPs is with vs without the address. In almost anything you'd take a hit on the value by altering it from its original state.

Personally I don't see the harm in someone having your parents address from like 20 years ago. What is the fear here, that someone will go and rob them hoping to get Nintendo stuff? TBH I'd not worry about it, unless you're the type to shred any and all documents with your address on them prior to recycling.