IGNORED

Who would you use to Grade a game?

JVOSS

Not sure this has been touched on in a different topic, if it has then please direct me to that. 

In the mean time i have the need for a service to grade an loose cart or 3.

Here are some things to think about.

1) high humidity where i live/store the item. 

2) not in the light much but would like to display.

3) have to include the manual for display, beside the cart and not stuffed behind the game?

The question is this. 

If you had the need for protecting a loose game would you have them graded, and if so who would you use?

Or would you do something different?

Edited by JVOSS

Administrator · Posted

I'd go with VGA and I can tell you why with nothing more complicated than a simple image comparison:

VGA GRADED* 80+ NM Super Mario World (Super Nintendo (SNES), AUS ... Super Mario All-Stars - Wata 9.0 CIB, SNES Nintendo 1993 USA ...

I buy nice looking games to display them. I ain't boutta display my shit sideways, that is such a stupid design choice.

As for loose; yeah see above from BA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JVOSS said:

have to be include the manual for display and i don't want it stuffed behind the game i would like to display beside?

You mean side by side? I don't think WATA or VGA have anything like that. Maybe VGA will do a custom box for you, if you are willing to spend dosh. (edit: well, if they don't grade loose games, that's probably a non-starter.)

I'd just get two standard NES cartridge protectors and display them side by side. The manual will be a little small in a cartridge protector.

Or get the box protector for NES Arkanoid, since that's a wide box, and it might fit both.

Edited by Tulpa

19 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd go with VGA and I can tell you why with nothing more complicated than a simple image comparison:

VGA GRADED* 80+ NM Super Mario World (Super Nintendo (SNES), AUS ... Super Mario All-Stars - Wata 9.0 CIB, SNES Nintendo 1993 USA ...

I buy nice looking games to display them. I ain't boutta display my shit sideways, that is such a stupid design choice.

Wata actually does have cases that are sideways though if you choose it, but the grade and info is then on the side which might bother some people. 

I have both and haven't quite decided on which i like more yet. 

BUT in OP's case Wata is the only one to grade loose carts. And AFAIK since he wants the manuals also slabbed, i am not sure if WATA actually does that. I've logged thousands of Wata games in GVN and have yet to see a cart and manual slab. 

44498340_998901310316662_208547402687184896_o.jpg

5 minutes ago, Magus said:

Wata actually does have cases that are sideways though if you choose it, but the grade and info is then on the side which might bother some people. 

I have both and haven't quite decided on which i like more yet. 

BUT in OP's case Wata is the only one to grade loose carts. And AFAIK since he wants the manuals also slabbed, i am not sure if WATA actually does that. I've logged thousands of Wata games in GVN and have yet to see a cart and manual slab. 

44498340_998901310316662_208547402687184896_o.jpg

Man, this orientation does not please me. What's the deal? Why does NES get the gold treatment?

• Like 1

so what i'm hearing is that i might be better just making my own "case" and do a mass market for that design. then open a grading standard for GB carts as the industry has no care to take that on... 

with that being said.  i think ill call this service the IVGS(Individual Video Game Sage) Grade.. 

The grading scale as follows

Top level a sage

Mid Level a the wiz

Lowest level a floppy

anyone up for a tester? 🤣

21 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

so what i'm hearing is that i might be better just making my own "case" and do a mass market for that design. then open a grading standard for GB carts as the industry has no care to take that on... 

with that being said.  i think ill call this service the IVGS(Individual Video Game Sage) Grade.. 

The grading scale as follows

Top level a sage

Mid Level a the wiz

Lowest level a floppy

anyone up for a tester? 🤣

Mid level - The Wizard 

Lowest level - Tape

Don’t go baggin on the floppy’s again guy.😜

• Like 1