IGNORED

What would you do for your holy grail.

JVOSS

Not to distract form @Jason topic of "Post your Holy Grail Item!"

I wanted to discuss what is your "holy grail" item.(should you want to let people know). 

What are you willing to do for it.

Where has it taken you, and that sort of thing.

Edit,

clarified the subject and title.

Edited by JVOSS

After getting my top 2 "holy Grail" items i am now starting my next quest.  the Zelda China only cart GB.  For me the, journey has sent me to various Asia countries over the last 10 years and  I have yet to see one. 

Like Indiana Jones, I have a gut feeling that it dose exist and i kind of scared at what i would pay to get this item. 

1 hour ago, JVOSS said:

way cool, how hard on a scale of 1 to 10 are they to get

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/images/thumb/0/04/Majoras-Mask-Adventure-Set-Contents.jpg/800px-Majoras-Mask-Adventure-Set-Contents.jpghttps://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/173341005291_/N64-Nintendo-64-CONKERS-BAD-FUR-DAY-Press.jpg

They are definitely items you can't just choose to buy even when you have the money, so I would say they are actually rare, as much as that word gets thrown around these days.

To put it in perspective, the MM set was $3000-$4000+ back in 2012. 

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

It’s a secret to everybody.  

If I tell you you’ll know it’s a thing.  

Ditto.  People who have been around me for a while may know what mine is.  Suffice to say, I'd almost offer a bounty stating "you can have 100%, my entire collection if I can get this one item."  I don't have the cash on hand (I need to stop spending all of my collector dollars, hahaha) but what I want may not exist.  I will say it's a piece of art.  I'd trade/sell my entire collection for it and I'd just start over.

Edited by RH

44 minutes ago, RH said:

Ditto.  People who have been around me for a while may know what mine is.  Suffice to say, I'd almost offer a bounty stating "you can have 100%, my entire collection if I can get this one item."  I don't have the cash on hand (I need to stop spending all of my collector dollars, hahaha) but what I want may not exist.  I will say it's a piece of art.  I'd trade/sell my entire collection for it and I'd just start over.

understand this point putting your "grail' out here might cause problems but it might just open the doors too. 

Right now my holy grail is available for sale, a complete sachen NES set with a ton of the rare original artwork boxes included and all 4 huge insects.

But, I don't have the money available to buy it at the moment....

To answer the question: I've been selling some of my duplicates to try and gather cash.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, JVOSS said:

After getting my top 2 "holy Grail" items i am now starting my next quest.  the Zelda China only cart GB.  For me the, journey has sent me to various Asia countries over the last 10 years and  I have yet to see one. 

Like Indiana Jones, I have a gut feeling that it dose exist and i kind of scared at what i would pay to get this item. 

I also want one of the Chinese Zeldas. Didn’t realize they are really rare. I imagine the box is, but I think I saw the cart on eBay once.

fyi this one is in my saved searches 😅

Edited by phart010

7 hours ago, RH said:

Is it Konami art?

It's not so much a "grail" as it is a goal. I finally settled on collecting for the Nintendo Switch, so now my goal is to collect everything for switch that looks like it might be a pain to track down later, this way I'm not at risk of spending $500+ on a single title at some point in the future. I would much rather spend $500+ now and get 15-20 games for that amount. So in a way, I guess you could say that I'm trying my best to make sure that I don't have a grail to aim for in the future!