IGNORED

Certified Link Auctions

Mijael

Everyone talks abouts Heritage auctions but i think yesterday Certified link auctions broke some records with the finest CIB's i ever seen for sale . Here are some exsmples.

$2100 for a a 9.4 CIB Final Fantasy

$4,600 for a 8.5 CIB  Popeye 

Screenshot_20200812-202808_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b9a53e53e21a9d9aa34043ca63948dc.jpg

Edited by Mijael

$1500 for a CIB Secret of Mana pretty crazy too. And I basically ignore Atari prices because none of them make sense, but this one in particular stuck out. $1300 for Galaga on Atari 7800.... Absolute. Pants-on-head. Bananas.

spacer.png

Here's a case that sold for $180 for comparison, lol.

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, OptOut said:

They're just dumb. Even if you've got a lot of money, it's stupid to basically throw it away...

I've no issue with people spending money how they please, but I'm definitely gonna laugh and point when I see these dudes with their pants around their ankles! 😂

Something seems a little off that they would pay $2100 for it only to immediately turn around and list it on ebay as a no reserve auction. It's hard to believe that they actually thought that it would sell for even more than they just paid for it.

I don't like to see individual person lose money, but I do like the swift blow to the market that people who pay attention will notice.  You shouldn't expect to just buy graded and let it fly at auction without consequence.

I will say that when it went for $2100 I thought it was more like a $750 - $1000 item and the open auction agreed.  Finding a nice box on the large NES RPGs can be tough due to how much was crammed inside.  And finding truly Mint Wata 9.4 and up manuals for those games is extremely tough.  If you get someone trying to upgrade their internals I'm sure they'd spend $100+ on a manual that was guaranteed a 9+ at Wata.  Which unfortunately the only way to do is to buy the graded CIB itself. 

27 minutes ago, jonebone said:

I don't like to see individual person lose money, but I do like the swift blow to the market that people who pay attention will notice.  You shouldn't expect to just buy graded and let it fly at auction without consequence.

I will say that when it went for $2100 I thought it was more like a $750 - $1000 item and the open auction agreed.  Finding a nice box on the large NES RPGs can be tough due to how much was crammed inside.  And finding truly Mint Wata 9.4 and up manuals for those games is extremely tough.  If you get someone trying to upgrade their internals I'm sure they'd spend $100+ on a manual that was guaranteed a 9+ at Wata.  Which unfortunately the only way to do is to buy the graded CIB itself. 

I was watching the ebay auction with the intention of bidding, but I really didn't want to go over $800 on it given that it might be tough to break even at that price given the ebay/paypal fees.