IGNORED

Very Early Painted Cel of Link

Art of Nintendo Power

Graphics Team · Posted
On 8/12/2020 at 11:38 PM, MiamiSlice said:

I can't get over how he's holding the sword at the base of the blade. Isn't that painful???

On 8/12/2020 at 11:41 PM, ThePhleo said:

Even in HD I still can't tell if he's wearing tights or just walking around half naked.

Give the poor guy a break. His fingers are bleeding and there's a draft in southern Hyrule...

@Archon 1981 - this is easily one of the coolest pieces I've seen in your collection. Bravo, dude!

-CasualCart

129201544_LinkSheathless.jpg.729dc87d4f47a62ba4916255f62f8a77.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

That stock art on the watch is just the art they used with the Zelda 2 NES media in the day. I always liked the look of it, and of the original too.  At the time it felt natural as Link was short and squatty in the overhead view, and then in #2 he seemed to actually be an older version of himself but also set to the side scrolling view where his art was way taller.

I love cels, but I do wonder if that came with some sort of certificate of authenticity? 

It doesn't look like there's a stamp nor signature anywhere. While it's likely the authentic item, fake cels are a thing (unfortunately). Anyway, that sure is a beauty and I'm so jealous (get it framed 🙂

2 minutes ago, drxandy said:

The homie has sources @avatar! 

Considering archon has such a collection of art from the sources, there is no need for third party authentication imo

Yeah, I mean, it's almost like if anyone was going to create a CoA and have to sign it... Archon would be the guy with the name on the piece of paper as the official certifier.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Zelda Game & Watch: 

True. I forgot about that. He was also short in the Zelda 1 manual, which had 2 different styles right there. I don’t know what I was thinking. Also, the valentines.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Zelda Game Watch by Nelsonic:

I don’t really consider that to be much different.

i deal in cel art thats an epic find!  i cant imagine what you paid to get it or how the heck you managed to even find it 😛   personally i would throw that on the scanner and get a max resolution scan of it  then frame it in a custom cotton based matting with UV plexiglass, stand offs and sealed in frame.

never store that piece in any acid based matting or portfolio.  always do cotton acid free  or an acid free art portfolio.

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:02 AM, drxandy said:

The homie has sources @avatar! 

Considering archon has such a collection of art from the sources, there is no need for third party authentication imo

Well, some sort of authentication adds a great deal of value. However, if the owner is happy that's ultimately all that matters. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Well, some sort of authentication adds a great deal of value. However, if the owner is happy that's ultimately all that matters. 

Check out some of the other pieces in his collection, there's so much neat stuff.

I'm not saying he can't prove it's authentic, I'm saying he isn't going to tell us and expose his sources so other people can plunder them.

On 8/16/2020 at 2:37 PM, avatar! said:

Heres my certificate.

In all seriousness though. I have paper trails for all of my work. Publishing those publicly however would risk the privacy of my sources.