IGNORED

Madden collection

Hey all! 

Former longtime collector, former NA poster (linktothepastgames, retroscribe) - recently got the itch to start collecting again.

The one mainstay for most of my life has been Madden so I’m going to start with collecting Madden games and memorabilia.

I’ll go CIB for the bulk and I’m gonna find my favorite games sealed.

Any other Madden collectors out there?

11 minutes ago, MaddenCollector said:

Nice! Are you playing MUT?

nope. I actually got rid of my Xbox One after enough stuff was ported to Switch that it felt unnecessary for me to want to pay for Live. So at this point my collection consists of entirely Nintendo branded consoles. Which means the most recent Maddens in my library are 13 on Wii U, and whatever the heck the 3DS game is... like 11.5 or something? haha.

But the history of Madden has always been really interesting to me. Like, you can go back to the beginning of the series in the 16-bit era, and kind of follow the franchise through new console generations, or implementation of new game engines, and you can watch the tech change over the years. It's interesting stuff. Like I said, I'm not really a COLLECTOR exactly, but I do tend to grab entries I don't own if I see them super cheap somewhere. I picked up 05 and 06  on GCN at a thrift shop not too long ago actually.

Here's to hoping that EA's recent announcement that they have like a half-dozen games they want to bring to Switch includes Madden.

1 hour ago, Foochie776 said:

Welcome man! 

I believe @jonebone has a pretty great madden collection. 

I do, but I don't specifically focus on Madden.  I just have always enjoyed the franchise and have picked up nice sealed copies when I can come across them... which is not as easy to find as you think.

1 hour ago, Foochie776 said:

Who has that Madden nes proto? That’s like the top tier piece 

And that would be me too.

On topic, love to see more Madden collectors.  I forget the exact username from NA but there was a busdriversomething from NY who had a very nice Madden collection too. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, noiseredux said:

nope. I actually got rid of my Xbox One after enough stuff was ported to Switch that it felt unnecessary for me to want to pay for Live. So at this point my collection consists of entirely Nintendo branded consoles. Which means the most recent Maddens in my library are 13 on Wii U, and whatever the heck the 3DS game is... like 11.5 or something? haha.

Madden 13 on WiiU might be the most perfectly designed game for that pad.   

8 minutes ago, jonebone said:

I do, but I don't specifically focus on Madden.  I just have always enjoyed the franchise and have picked up nice sealed copies when I can come across them... which is not as easy to find as you think.

On topic, love to see more Madden collectors.  I forget the exact username from NA but there was a busdriversomething from NY who had a very nice Madden collection too. 

You know one of these days I’m gonna try to pry that from you 😉

I think you’re right about the sealed thing - that’s why I’m only going after a few of them that were personal favorites. For example, I never touched SNES or Saturn versions growing up so CIB is just fine for those. But Madden 94 on Genesis? That’ll probably end up slabbed for no reason other than the fact that I loved it.

Just now, captmorgandrinker said:

Did you dump your Facebook?

I did man...I believe the last post I made was something along the lines of:

”Time to delete Facebook. If I wanted to deal with a bunch of grown adults arguing and thinking they’re right about everything, I’ll just go ref more hockey and get paid to deal with it.”

They really should just rename it PoliticsBook.

Administrator · Posted
17 minutes ago, MaddenCollector said:

I did man...I believe the last post I made was something along the lines of:

”Time to delete Facebook. If I wanted to deal with a bunch of grown adults arguing and thinking they’re right about everything, I’ll just go ref more hockey and get paid to deal with it.”

They really should just rename it PoliticsBook.

I recalled seeing that one.   Only reason I keep mine is to keep touch with out of town friends and relatives; I just unfollow or block all the political BS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

I knew it wasn’t a focus but I remember you posting about it on Nintendoage and yep, should have know you had the proto. I was thinking Josh had it but maybe that was before 

@MaddenCollector You may already know this, but one of the Brady or Prima guides - I want to say it was maybe Madden 09, but I'm not positive - had a special edition, which came with a hardcover book about the history of the Madden series. I used to have a copy, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure it got lost in the shuffle some years ago when we (almost) moved and had to get rid of a bunch of stuff.

2 hours ago, noiseredux said:

@MaddenCollector You may already know this, but one of the Brady or Prima guides - I want to say it was maybe Madden 09, but I'm not positive - had a special edition, which came with a hardcover book about the history of the Madden series. I used to have a copy, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure it got lost in the shuffle some years ago when we (almost) moved and had to get rid of a bunch of stuff.

I have heard of this but my internet searches have come up dry. 

I’m actually in the early stages of writing a history of madden book, so this would be a great reference piece.

You have an Apple II copy? I've been looking for one, lost the recent one on Ebay. I have no idea where to find stuff like Apple II games. I assume there's a bunch of old men on some forum like Vogons? If Ebay is the main marketplace for vintage computer stuff, there is so much old computer stuff I want (and everyone else wants) that never turns up.