IGNORED

Sachen "Box" Found!!!

fcgamer

Sachen Q BOY update!

Took the boy out for a spin before work this morning:

IMG20210120094519_compress88.jpg.29d1d60c711ad19b4877d428bbd85b7f.jpg

First impression is them stubby little grips are fuggin awful, lol! VERY cramped grip space, plus doesn't help that the game sticks into the back, further reducing hand real estate.

IMG20210120094529_compress18.jpg.a6ad19c3c0cbe3db062193a75d038faf.jpg

However, it's not all bad news! First of all the analogue stick on the front is actually NOT an analogue stick or even a digital stick... It's a handy button to switch the controller mode between player one and player two!

IMG20210120094500_compress96.jpg.87bec8829d941e5686fec0c6bc2d8585.jpg

FINALLY someone made a multiplayer game accessible to people without friends, like me! I can be two turtles at once, kinda! Take THAT footclan!

Also, the biggest surprise of the whole thing is that the promised RUMBLE feature actually works! I know, I was shocked too, lol! It basically activates whenever you hold down either the A or B buttons, with longer presses equating to stronger rumbles.

However, it does also seem to introduce lag or like a delay or something in the button presses, so it's not at all practical... But hey, for novelty value you can't fault it!

In conclusion, it looks like an N64, so I'm gonna give the Sachen Q BOY the official OPTY review stamp of approval and a big ol' 10/10!!! 

Way To Go Good Job GIF by Dirty Bandits

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Then I'd be curious to know the answer. I'm always curious why people do things so I always ask if that's what they did and I like to know why. I don't like to assume things so I always ask first.

If you read the initial post, it's a work in progress. I'm documenting trying to get the machine open so that we can see what lies within. It's literally a play by play, well to you and others might not know that, but @OptOut, me, and a few other buddies were in the loop on this one.

I finally solved the mystery, so I wrote a blog entry about it. Not only does it prevent the NA effect from taking place, imo it also makes the discovery more significant.

It's similar to dumping ROMs. Everyone wants to give an undumped ROM a try, when it's undumped. When you dump it and people realise it sucks, no one cares anymore.

If I just posted the shitty multicart spoiler ending here, no one would care, after all even I was disappointed, it's boring. But the way I did it, it gives the machine the justice and respect it deserves, imo.

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

If you read the initial post, it's a work in progress. I'm documenting trying to get the machine open so that we can see what lies within. It's literally a play by play, well to you and others might not know that, but @OptOut, me, and a few other buddies were in the loop on this one.

I finally solved the mystery, so I wrote a blog entry about it. Not only does it prevent the NA effect from taking place, imo it also makes the discovery more significant.

It's similar to dumping ROMs. Everyone wants to give an undumped ROM a try, when it's undumped. When you dump it and people realise it sucks, no one cares anymore.

If I just posted the shitty multicart spoiler ending here, no one would care, after all even I was disappointed, it's boring. But the way I did it, it gives the machine the justice and respect it deserves, imo.

Cool, that answers the mystery! Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Which one dont you have a key for ? 

I don't have a key for the cash drawer, but since it's unlocked now, it doesn't matter.

The one for the timer settings and stuff, the locksmith gave me his key for it, gratis, he said it was so old he had no use for it anymore, and that I might. Cool guy.

Did you ever figure out how to get the top off?  Ever slide your phone down inside with video recording to see if you could figure out what was causing it to bind up?  Re-reading your blog post about this, it made me wonder if it's truly supposed to slide off the back or if it's one of the odd cases where they'll slide back so far then need to be pulled slightly apart along the sides to be removed vertically.  My dad inheritied a couple of clone PC cases (with crap clone PC innards inside) that were like this forever and ever ago, where you needed to flex the sides slightly to get them out of the groove along the bottom, then pull them straight up to get at the insides.

• Like 1