IGNORED

Sega Pico US Complete Library

PuppyWaffles

Here is the complete US library for the Sega Pico. 

1. A Year At Pooh Corner

2. Adventures In Letter Land With Jack & Jill

3. Crayola Crayons: Create A World

4. Disney's The Lion King Adventure At Pride Rock

5. Ecco Jr. And The Great Ocean Hunt

6. Magic Crayons

7. Math Antics With Disney's 101 Dalmations

8. Mickey's Blast Into The Past

9. Musical Zoo

10. Pepe's Puzzles

11. Pocahontas Riverbend Adventures

12. Richard Scarry's Huckle And Lowly's Busiest Day Ever*

13. Scholastic's The Magic School Bus: Going Places

14. Sesame Street Alphabet Avenue

15. Smart Alex And Smart Alice: Curious Kids

16. Sonic The Hedgehog's Gameworld

17. Tails And The Music Maker

18. The Berenstain Bears "A School Day"**

19. The Great Counting Caper With The 3 Blind Mice

20. The Muppets On The Go!

That's it!

*Included with all Sega Pico Consoles but also sold separately. Rarest game CIB as it did not come with a box in the console.

**Only game to have a varient cover art.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Very Nice!  I have the full set, but less than half of them are boxed.  Wonder why they sold Richard Scarry separately from the console - maybe for people needing replacements for ones the kids destroyed?

<edit> Took another look at my set: 12 boxed and 8 loose, so I'm further along than I thought </edit>

Edited by nrslam
  • Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, nrslam said:

Very Nice!  I have the full set, but less than half of them are boxed.  Wonder why they sold Richard Scarry separately from the console - maybe for people needing replacements for ones the kids destroyed?

<edit> Took another look at my set: 12 boxed and 8 loose, so I'm further along than I thought </edit>

They are all so hard to find. It took me over 10 years to find Richard Scarry!

23 hours ago, The Strangest said:

It’s good to see pictures of the lesser known console’s and their full libraries. Thanks for this.

The Pico is a crazy system! The Japanese games are even more varied! There are Pokemon games on the Japanese version. Sega and Nintendo together! 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

44 minutes ago, PuppyWaffles said:

The Pico is a crazy system! The Japanese games are even more varied! There are Pokemon games on the Japanese version. Sega and Nintendo together! 

Mind. Blown.  This is basically a Genesis, correct, but with a much different way of interacting with the hardware?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 1:56 AM, PuppyWaffles said:

WHAT?! This I did not know! Goddamn it, now I want to collect Pico, damn you Puppy Waffles! Lol!

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I picked up a CIB Pico years ago with 12 CIB games and ended up about 4 short of the set. I ended up getting rid of them bc they took up a decent amount of space and, sadly, they were all games I was never going to play. 

Such a weird little console though. I remember the lady I bought it from was pitching it to me like it was still something kids played with. Like lady, it's 2015. The only thing play with are iPads. 

• 9 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:38 AM, nrslam said:

Wonder why they sold Richard Scarry separately from the console - maybe for people needing replacements for ones the kids destroyed?

After Sega stopped selling them, Majesco (iirc...it may have been someone else) took over sales of the Pico, releasing a system without a pack-in game and packaging Huckle and Lowly separately for sale.  As few systems were ever sold without a pack-in, even fewer copies of the game were sold apart from the system. 

20 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Nice!  I'm at 14/20 myself.  The biggest obstacle for me is finding sellers who will ship to Canada without using the GSP.  Luckily I got some of the rarer ones out of the way, although I did pay a bit of a premium for them, more than any of them would probably net back 😛

I always say it's ok to put a premium on the really tough stuff, it'll likely grow in value over time even if not significantly. I remember buying Richard for like 15 bucks just because it was a tad rough condition wise but it was good enough for me.

I'm a big Sega nut though, I am about 10 games shy from completing my entire desired Sega set, and that will be a very proud moment for me. Nintendo and Sega are big parts of my gaming heritage 😄

Edited by goldenpp72

5 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

I always say it's ok to put a premium on the really tough stuff, it'll likely grow in value over time even if not significantly. I remember buying Richard for like 15 bucks just because it was a tad rough condition wise but it was good enough for me.

I'm a big Sega nut though, I am about 10 games shy from completing my entire desired Sega set, and that will be a very proud moment for me. Nintendo and Sega are big parts of my gaming heritage 😄

I paid 3 digits for my Richard Scarry, but only because I didn't think I'd see another one that would ship here without the GSP.  So far it was a good call.  It's one of the few systems I won't take cart only (other is the Lynx) because of how hard it is to find orphans to fill the gaps.  Down to six remaining, plus the sampler.  If anyone spots a CIB of the following for a reasonable price and will ship to me in the Great White North, PM me:

• Adventures in Letter Land w/Jack & Jill
  • Crayola Crayons: Create A World
  • The Great Counting Caper with the Three Blind Mice
  • Musical Zoo
  • Pepe's Puzzles
  • Smart Alex and Smart Alice: Curious Kids

My go-to seller has dried up on me, and I never find them without the GSP being involved.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

You might want to include the Storyware Sampler as a NFS item on this list, it exists but is quite rare with only a handful of retail copies that I've ever seen.  

Also, Pico in the US was originally sold without Busiest Day Ever hence the standalone copies, then very quickly after all Pico systems were bundled with it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 8:26 PM, PuppyWaffles said:

12. Richard Scarry's Huckle And Lowly's Busiest Day Ever*

*Included with all Sega Pico Consoles but also sold separately. Rarest game CIB as it did not come with a box in the console.

Not all consoles.  Like 95% of them sure, but not all.  When Majesco took over distribution they removed the pack-in and sold it as a stand-alone title to save costs.  Hence why it was sold separately, and why it's so damn rare.  Thinking about it, the Majesco hardware is also pretty damn rare...

• Like 1