IGNORED

Rare N64 Variants

NintendoCollector64

3 hours ago, RH said:

"Tarzan with figure". Wait, whaaaa?  I knew of the Gauntlet game (which isn't rare) but this is the first I've seen/heard of this.  Any clue what the figure looks like?  That's really cool.

Here’s a pic I found online. However, there’s only two figures included with the variant. They were chosen at random. Whoever was selling this must’ve had an extra Tarzan. B5DB486A-B715-4064-B2BA-7AEBFF00CE56.thumb.jpeg.942e5aba5d772b2e67a24a34c46f8474.jpeg

Edited by N64Life1001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Not sure how rare it is, but this Glover with T-shirt and coupon recently popped up on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283928355962

Screenshot_20200626-215227.jpg

That's not a game variant, those are the Target preorder exclusives.  I know @adler_0 and myself both had the set of 5 at one point but I sold most of mine off (Donkey Kong, Zelda OOT, Glover, Kobe Bryant Courtside, Banjo Kazooie).  If I had to rank the rarities from most common to rarest: Glover, Zelda OOT, then DK / BK as a tie and Kobe as the rarest. 

They are very cool to collect and do have solid value but never quite took off like I expected them too.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

That's not a game variant, those are the Target preorder exclusives.  I know @adler_0 and myself both had the set of 5 at one point but I sold most of mine off (Donkey Kong, Zelda OOT, Glover, Kobe Bryant Courtside, Banjo Kazooie).  If I had to rank the rarities from most common to rarest: Glover, Zelda OOT, then DK / BK as a tie and Kobe as the rarest. 

They are very cool to collect and do have solid value but never quite took off like I expected them too.  

Oops! I didn't even realize there was no game included! Shows you how limited my N64 knowledge is. Still seems like a pretty cool item. Did all the others have the same basic content?

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Oops! I didn't even realize there was no game included! Shows you how limited my N64 knowledge is. Still seems like a pretty cool item. Did all the others have the same basic content?

No, some were plushes, shirts or figures.  I have the DK one up on my eBay it is a plush:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174310690492

49213115957_1ba2215983_b.jpg

• Like 2