IGNORED

Wata or VGA?

hihi, 

I have 2 sealed games. One of them is ducktails remastered on PS3, and the other is Playstation All Stars Battle Royale also on PS3.

I'd like to get them graded, but based on previous information from different threads, it seems like wata and VGA are kinda tied in regards to how decent they are with grading, service, and pricing.

So, I was looking to get some input.

Of the 2, which is recommended for a sealed game grading, pricing, turn around time, and so on? (also open to there being a third company)

(I don't plan to resell them unless I NEED to)

As a side question; the PSABR that I have is a promo copy, its full retail, is in a retail case and is sealed, but it has a punched-out hole in the UPC that was made before sealing.(I 100% know the sealing is 100% original) would this be a detractor on either(or both) of the 2 services?

I have to ask, does Ducktales Remastered have a disc in it?  Not all versions of that game came with a disc.  

To answer the initial question, if these games are meaningful to you in any way, there is nothing wrong with getting them graded if you are doing it just for you.  However, I wouldn't recommend getting them graded just because they are sealed.  The investment potential for those games is pretty low.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I have to ask, does Ducktales Remastered have a disc in it?  Not all versions of that game came with a disc.  

To answer the initial question, if these games are meaningful to you in any way, there is nothing wrong with getting them graded if you are doing it just for you.  However, I wouldn't recommend getting them graded just because they are sealed.  The investment potential for those games is pretty low.

yeah, it has a disc, I can hear it moving in the slot for it.

I know the potential investment is low, but I have the temptation to open them, even though I already have opened versions of them, so I wanted to ensure that I can't open them.

The PSABR is special because of that copies unique history.(somewhat at least)

As for ducktales: it was delisted and I have it downloaded from steam, so I figured...."hey....why not?"

Edited by kuriatsu

1 hour ago, kuriatsu said:

yeah, it has a disc, I can hear it moving in the slot for it.

I know the potential investment is low, but I have the temptation to open them, even though I already have opened versions of them, so I wanted to ensure that I can't open them.

The PSABR is special because of that copies unique history.(somewhat at least)

As for ducktales: it was delisted and I have it downloaded from steam, so I figured...."hey....why not?"

If ducktales remastered was the pin with code I’d say grade it 

@OP if you’re curious enough, give grading a try. Regarding which is the better service option? If you’re genuinely in it as a collector and not to resell, then best you pick the one that suits to your visual satisfaction (ie. imagine what your game would look like if graded by VGA and WATA). 

• Like 1

To date, WATA has:

• graded a star code box as a promotional box
  • graded an opened, complete copy of a game as sealed
  • graded a sealed copy of a game as opened
  • graded a sample as a prototype
  • graded a retail board as a prototype
  • swapped someone's game with another random person's (much less valuable) game
  • graded mismatched inserts as complete
  • graded a circle seal as an oval seal

If you're not reselling and taking advantage of Heritage Auctions, go with VGA to be sure it gets graded properly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

To date, WATA has:

• graded a star code box as a promotional box
  • graded an opened, complete copy of a game as sealed
  • graded a sealed copy of a game as opened
  • graded a sample as a prototype
  • graded a retail board as a prototype
  • swapped someone's game with another random person's (much less valuable) game
  • graded mismatched inserts as complete
  • graded a circle seal as an oval seal

If you're not reselling and taking advantage of Heritage Auctions, go with VGA to be sure it gets graded properly.

A sample cart is considered a prototype. Not nearly desirable as prototype with changes and such. Also early samples can have differences. 

10 minutes ago, Romiked2689 said:

A sample cart is considered a prototype. Not nearly desirable as prototype with changes and such. Also early samples can have differences. 

Then it isn't a sample.

I have a sample of a game with a retail board inside and the only different is a white sticker on the front with "SAMPLE" written on it. The previous owner could have literally pulled the label off and written that on himself, I don't even know myself at this point. So potentially, I could do this with 5 other games and sell them as prototypes.

When it contains a retail board, there's no way to tell so it cannot be a prototype. It is only a sample of pre-production retail.

58 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Then it isn't a sample.

I have a sample of a game with a retail board inside and the only different is a white sticker on the front with "SAMPLE" written on it. The previous owner could have literally pulled the label off and written that on himself, I don't even know myself at this point. So potentially, I could do this with 5 other games and sell them as prototypes.

When it contains a retail board, there's no way to tell so it cannot be a prototype. It is only a sample of pre-production retail.

What you are talking about  doesn’t sound like a sample. I’ll post my pocky rocky sample pcb later and tag ya. 

Edited by Romiked2689