IGNORED

Super Nintendo World is coming to Universal Studios Orlando!

RH

1 minute ago, themisfit138 said:

Universal has been out doing Disney with their last few expansions. 

Not a Harry Potter fan, personally, all though I know that's a huge win for a lot of people.  Plus, going to Disney World is an on-property experience for us.  I've been to Universal back in 2003.  It was fun, and I wouldn't mind going back, but our family just enjoys staying at a premium resort and shuttling around to everywhere we want to visit or eat.

7 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

I was more referring to the theming and ride quality of the modern Universal. Disney has been cutting corners on the newer park expansions. Where Universal has been hiring previous Disney Imagineers to help design and build their new expansions.  

Well, good for them. It's been 17 years since I was at Universal and it was a good experience.  My wife and I went to WDW for our honeymoon (2005) and kept going back about once a year for 6 years.  We took the kids in the fall of last year and she and I both felt like the quality had dropped considerably.

Competition is good.  I'm glad to hear the Universal is stepping up their game this way.  We all love Nintendo in our house, so this might finally get us out of the Disney parks the next time we go to Orlando.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Not a Harry Potter fan, personally, all though I know that's a huge win for a lot of people.  Plus, going to Disney World is an on-property experience for us.  I've been to Universal back in 2003.  It was fun, and I wouldn't mind going back, but our family just enjoys staying at a premium resort and shuttling around to everywhere we want to visit or eat.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan at all, but that entire section of the park is outstanding.  

Disney and Universal are two entirely different parks and experiences. Disney is best for a family with older kids and Universal is more for a family with older kids, but still stuff enjoyable for younger kids.

Both have their resorts with shuttles, buses and boats, but you get what you pay for at all the different tiers. Disney I believe does have more transportation options, but they have a ton of land. Come on, they have a monorail lol.

Neither Disney nor Universal can truly be enjoyed 100% with all the activities with those 3-4 day packages. You can buy fast passes, which will tremendously improve your experiences and they are included in some resort tiers with your stay. It is hard for either park to keep lines short with the amount of people that visit.

Both have events all year round, so unless you visit them you will be missing out on those experiences.

New Years at Disney is a must. Halloween Horror Nights at Universal is a must. We hear the wine and food festival is great at Disney, but we haven't gone yet.

I don't think Universal will ever match Disney, but we prefer Universal as their ticket packages are more affordable and we enjoy their events and parks more. Of course, we are definitely looking towards the new park.

As someone who did the Disney College Program and worked at Epcot, there are definitley benefits to both parks. I personally enjoyed going to Universal more during my off-days than Disney, but it is hard to say whether the fact that I worked at Disney 5 days a week added any kind of bias. Each resort has its pros and cons for sure. 

Resort and transportation-wise, Disney is far and away the better resort. Their hotels, even the budget ones, are top-notch. Their transportation options are countless, and all are comfortable, well-run, and efficient. Plus, the thousands of acres of land allow the general grounds between the parks themselves to be absolutley beautiful. Don't get me wrong, I love Universal CityWalk, but Disney's golf courses, monorails, and Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island) but it to shame. 

In the other sense, as someone mentioned, Universal has been killing it with the new locations and attractions. Disney has had some great ones lately, most notably Stat Wars Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios, but Harry Potter world, and now Nintendo World are truly amazing. Overall, there are great rides at both resorts but I think I enjoy Universal's more. My only gripe is that a lot of the rides at Universal are similar, sometimes even mirror recreations of each other. So many simulation rides with screens. I sometimes get motion sickness, so I wish they'd do more traditional rides like Men in Black and Rip Ride Rocket. 

Tl;dr, if you've never been to either resort, you really have to make sure you do both. They both offer so much. Unfortunately, to even scratch the surface and to have enough time to do all 4 Disney parks, both Universal parks, and some other experiences such as Universal CityWalk or Disney Springs, you really need at least 2 weeks. And that's without even mentioning the golf courses, ESPN Wide World of Sports, and the water parks. 

Hell, I worked there for 8 months and still haven't even done probably half the things you can do there. 

As to the original topic, I am beyond excited for this land. Supposedly there is going to be a Mario Kart attraction. Can't wait for that one! 😄

9 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

As to the original topic, I am beyond excited for this land. Supposedly there is going to be a Mario Kart attraction. Can't wait for that one! 😄

So long as they keep the blue shells and rubberbanding out of it, I'll be happy!

• Like 1