IGNORED

Interested in VR? I'm personally hyped for PS5 VR.

ErickRPG

I did own a PS4 VR for a while and I really loved that Mine Cart Horror game, I can't even remember the name right now.  But there are 2 reasons I didn't stick with it.  #1 being all the wires and it was really cumbersome.  But also most of the releases didn't get physical releases.  If the PS5 VR can manage wireless or drastically improve the ease of use, that's something I look forward to getting in to.  Do you love VR?  Hate it?  What are your feelings?  I'm looking to get into it again but it won't be til a possible Sony VR on PS5.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've honestly, never tried VR.  Ever.  I've always wanted to but the closest I've come is downloading an app for my iPhone and forcing my eyes to converge/diverge to see the image in "3D".

Part of the reason why I've never been motivated is because those headsets are just so big and bulky.  I'm really interested in the idea of VR, but I'm not interested in big, bulky machinery with cables and all of that mess to make it happen.

I've experienced the HTC Vive and PSVR for PS4. I couldn't take PSVR for more than 2 minutes before I felt sick, had to put it down. HTC Vive on the other hand was brilliant. The movement felt 1-1 and it was a really cool feeling to be "inside a game" as it were. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. That said, I have literally zero interest in owning or setting up any of it in my own home. I'll flip on a tv and pop in mario over that any day. 

But if anyone out there wants to give VR a shot, I'd highly recommend trying the HTV Vive. I tried it at a place where you pay to use it per hour

I've had the PS4 VR for a little over a year now and I've really enjoyed it.  I've had motion sickness with a few games, but it's been rare and in most cases it been on games where the VR was tacked on at the last minute or added later.  Most games developed for VR from the ground up work much better and rarely cause motion sickness. 

I've never understood why some people complain about the wires.  Nearly everything gets tucked away behind the TV along with the other wires from you other video game systems.  The only remaining wire is the one running from the VR unit to your headset.  Would it be nice if that part was wireless?  Sure, but one wire isn't a huge mess.  I'm very interested to see the improvements for the next generation of VR.  

1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

I’ve wanted the PSVR for a long time and the VR titles seem like a nice subset to collect.

PS4 VR games have lots of low print runs, and lots of games that get digital only releases in the US, but physical copies in PAL areas.  Whether or not that is "nice" or "fun" to collect for is dependent on the individual, but I'm just putting that out there.  

I can't get excited for the lower tier VR experiences anymore. Once you've gone room-scale and wireless, there truly is no going back. The experience is revelatory.

That being said, driving games can be fantastic in a stationary seated VR setup. But I'd rather dish out the big bucks and get the real thing.

• 1 month later...

Sitting down VR can be good, but yeah, roomscale is a transformation. I have owned Vive and Rift, but sold both once I got a Quest. IMO there is no comparison, having a cable running from your head just ruins the VR experience. I don't particularly care if there are better graphics or superior physics, the games I've seen on Quest are good enough that I don't miss the graphics (after all, if I cared about graphics that much, how could I be a heavy classic gamer?).

I don't think VR will ever replace mainstream games, because wearing goggles and doing stuff in VR just makes you look and feel like an ass, but the games themselves are great fun. I look forward to hopefully a backwards-compatible PS5 version of VR (so I can just pick that up and skip the entire PS4 line). I hear PSVR has a healthy collection of stuff, interested to play some of them going forward.

On 1/6/2020 at 11:09 AM, ErickRPG said:

I really loved that Mine Cart Horror game, I can't even remember the name right now.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, one of my favorites too.

My absolute favorite game on the PSVR is Resident Evil VII.  I was so bummed out that RE7 was going to be first person, until I played it in VR!

One other thing I love to do on the PSVR is watch 3D blu-rays.  While I have an active shutter 3D TV I'm down to only one working pair of glasses.  They aren't perfect on the PSVR because of the resolution, but it looks good enough and the colors don't get washed out as much.