IGNORED

Holiday Traditions

Scrobins

Graphics Team · Posted
8 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Totally love those stop-motion films from Rankin & Bass, and I should try to watch the most obscure ones at some point (there's more than people usually know). Vintge Xmas musics is a big thing for me as well, so yeah, Bing Crosby got a lot of airing time with me during the Holidays period, he got so much great Xmas recordings (have you ever heard 'We wish you the merriest' with Frank Sinatra?) I use to throw a Christmas Bing Crosby movie in the lot as well, watched 'Holiday Inn' for the first time a few days ago.

Awesome - I can't believe I never knew Sinatra did Christmas music! He's one of my favorite artists (along with Louis Armstrong, Dean Martin, Guy Lombardo, etc.), so I'll definitely have to hunt down those songs.

And I've made a point to watch some of the more obscure, B-tier Rankin & Bass films as well (most recently Pinocchio's Christmas lol) - it's fun to spot which puppets were re-used between productions. Interestingly, I learned that a lot of the animation for those was done in Japan.

-CasualCart

Events Team · Posted

Yippee Ki-yay!  For the last 20+ years I've watched Die Hard or Die Hard 2 with my dad around Christmas. He moved back home to Iowa in August, so I'm watching Die Hard 2 by myself this year.

nopZjrE.jpg

Also,  having some drinks. Thanks @Richardhead for the bottle of Yippee Ki-yay rye whiskey.  So damn tasty!  Here's to you, Pop!

TL1XL9U.jpg

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 2