IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - The Punisher!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

It is time for VENGEANCE!!!

Prepare your guns, check up your ammo, load up your grenades. It is time to deliver punishment.

For this week, our players will play The Punisher!

The rules are as follow:

• Pick up the JIGSAW stage
  • Play till you die your first life or till you beat Jigsaw
  • Pause after dying the first time or at the stage select screen after beating Jigsaw
  • Highest score wins
  • Genre: Action

The contest ends Sunday, 06/09/24 at 8 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Quick question....what I've I've been leveling up other skills instead of playing games? 

IMG_8590.jpeg

Life is the greatest game of all and bro ya gotta diversify. Very nice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

MINIATURE SKINNIATURE SCOREBOARD

THE PII-NISHER*       -       150,850

BRI-MPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE-GUY       -       147,190

LIGHTGUN FIEND       -       24,260

SEPPATONI CARBINE       -       21,900

SUPER J-FRAME REVOLVER       -       17,625

*I just couldn't resist.

REMINDER: If you don't post a score I am unlikely to give you a proper silly name for the week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted

Just throwing this idea for discussion here so we can put a final say on it at the 2025 planning thread.

Make each game run for two weeks instead of one to give people more time to play, but start a game every week. Effectively, we will have 2 games running each week, allowing players to decide on what they want to focus and giving people more time to put in a score in a game they like in case life happens during the 1st week of that game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

Just throwing this idea for discussion here so we can put a final say on it at the 2025 planning thread.

Make each game run for two weeks instead of one to give people more time to play, but start a game every week. Effectively, we will have 2 games running each week, allowing players to decide on what they want to focus and giving people more time to put in a score in a game they like in case life happens during the 1st week of that game.

Not a bad idea. AtariAge used to have NES contests and they were two weeks to give folks more time to play, plus the rules were much more relaxed about having to take a picture, etc. Unfortunately NES isn't as popular on AtariAge as it is here and people gradually lost interest until the contests died out and the person managing them got too busy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeaIank said:

2 weeks would be appreciated. I really wanted to play Punisher... I just was too busy. I've had a tab of it open on my emulator all week.

20 hours ago, BeaIank said:

That's a pretty solid idea. All of us are getting older and the world is a much busier place it seems.  

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Yes, it is.
I have been trying to fight that with rules that give shorter runs, but even that isn't sufficing. So more time it will be.
I will get word with @guillavoie and if we reach a consensus, I will implement that in phase 3 of this year's contest, after the break week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
On 6/3/2024 at 1:14 AM, G-type said:

2 weeks would be appreciated. I really wanted to play Punisher... I just was too busy. I've had a tab of it open on my emulator all week.

If you got time to play it today or tomorrow, post the score. I will start considering 2 weeks for valid scores from now on.
You guys deserve it.

• Thanks 1