IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Skate or Die

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

It is time to get RADICAL!

Get your boards, players and get ready for SKATE OR DIE!!!

The rules for this week are EXTREME!

• Play in Compete Mode
  • You must play Freestyle, Jam, and Race modes
  • Add all three scores together to get your final score
  • Take a picture of all 3 scores in the trophy menu
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Sports

Go ride the wind!

The contest ends Sunday, 05/19/24 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Love 1

Brought To You By @NESfiend Inspirations: It's The PII breakdown of 2008's "Skate Or Die!" The Movie.

If you've never witnessed anything like this before it's basically just my breakdown of the movie plot with crunchy bits of peanut gallery style commentary along the way.  If you're afraid of spoilers..., don't be.  You probably don't want to see this movie anyway, so why not enjoy my quick and easy to read summation?  It's much more entertaining than actually watching the movie anyway.  If you do wish to view the film, it is on youtube in French with Spanish subtitles.

...yeah, I told you, you didn't actually want to watch it.  Why not trust me?

• Love 1

On 5/13/2024 at 10:48 PM, PII said:

Brought To You By @NESfiend Inspirations: It's The PII breakdown of 2008's "Skate Or Die!" The Movie.

If you've never witnessed anything like this before it's basically just my breakdown of the movie plot with crunchy bits of peanut gallery style commentary along the way.  If you're afraid of spoilers..., don't be.  You probably don't want to see this movie anyway, so why not enjoy my quick and easy to read summation?  It's much more entertaining than actually watching the movie anyway.  If you do wish to view the film, it is on youtube in French with Spanish subtitles.

...yeah, I told you, you didn't actually want to watch it.  Why not trust me?

I can't believe you did this. I have to see it now, no matter how bad it is. Tremendous review. 

Meanwhile, I am a failure at skate or die. I practiced the half pipe a good deal before the season started. Dreamt of mastering it. Did not. This week has been a bitch and I have had to work the last 3 nights. On it tonight and failing. One more night tomorrow before leaving town for the way too many-ith time in the last month and a half. 

Score coming soon. It will suck. But this crazy run of work and travel is about done. I will soon return to weekly relevance in this thing, so prepare for many posts and slightly better than mediocre scores after way too much trying

2 hours ago, PII said:

Yeah, I thought 2900 was the max...

You could be rewriting the Freestyle here...

I watched a video where I saw someone hitting the 3200 pointer and thought it must've been tool assisted. But then I hit it too 😁. I think I'm done for this week though, maybe I'll hit 26k next time.✌️

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
On 5/15/2024 at 6:14 PM, BriGuy82 said:

25K!

PXL_20240515_221315233.jpg

You asked for stats? You're gonna get them straight from the board!

Sorry for the delay, I had internet problems during this week.

First thing to mention, it has been almost 10 years that we haven't played this game in the contest (last time June 2014), which is pretty wild considering it was played and appreciated in 2010-2012 before that! Organizers must be kind of stupid or something.

2010 scores worth mentioning, ramp only competition:

24,487 – superNESman +10 (Note that superNESman is Deniz Khan, co-founder of WATA)
24,022 – Lincoln +8
23,171 – guillavoie +6
23,104 – OSG +4

2012 :

Can't see jack shit on threads cause all the pics are down and the scores are a combination of 2 events.
I'm pretty sure I had a 24k score in there, and there's a post from you about it in the 2014 thread contest. But how good of a 24k score? NOBODY KNOWS!

2014 :

guillavoie: 25,183
OSG: 23,327

BriGuy82: You probably had a nice score, but your pic is down and I only have the compilation of your 2 scores, 40,769

With all that said, it is pretty clear to me, and to probably everyone in here, that you owe it to us to play some more ramp just to kick my old 2014 score's ass! It has to be done within the week man 😛 !!!

• Like 1