IGNORED

Red pill? Nah

OptOut

Everyone's always talking about the Matrix, red pill, blue pill, stay or go... 

Red pill is an obvious non-starter for me. I hate multi-cultural rave orgies, and no way I'm subsisting on a diet of dank mushrooms and recycled urine. The eventual, inevitable tearing and biting death by metal mandibles doesn't appeal much either, frankly.

Blue SEEMS like the better choice upfront, but I'd still have to go to virtual work, pay virtual taxes, and listen to virtual nagging from my virtual significant other. Sigh.

So, my idea is the way forward IMO... Purple pill! Take the purple pill, leave the matrix but STAY in the pink goo pod!

Imagine the advantages! It's basically a life-long, all expenses paid goo holiday! All day, all you gotta do is wallow in a warm, nutrient rich gloop, having all your earthly needs serviced by an entire city of menacing, but ultimately servile robot overlords! No more early starts, no more scraping by to survive, no more wiping after you go number two! The benefits are endless, frankly.

Sure, some might chaff at the loss of personal autonomy, or the potential for boredom, but I'm not so sure... I never used my autonomy for much of anything anyway, and I'd imagine a bunch of those crazy tubes would come in handy for ALL sorts of entertainment options, if you catch my drift... You'd DEFINITELY be able to tune into HBO on ONE of those things, at least! 😉

I, for one, WELCOME the pink goo pod! Who's with me?! 😄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Red pill is an obvious non-starter for me. I hate multi-cultural rave orgies, and no way I'm subsisting on a diet of dank mushrooms and recycled urine. The eventual, inevitable tearing and biting death by metal mandibles doesn't appeal much either, frankly.

Blue SEEMS like the better choice upfront, but I'd still have to go to virtual work, pay virtual taxes, and listen to virtual nagging from my virtual significant other. Sigh.

So, my idea is the way forward IMO... Purple pill! Take the purple pill, leave the matrix but STAY in the pink goo pod!

Imagine the advantages! It's basically a life-long, all expenses paid goo holiday! All day, all you gotta do is wallow in a warm, nutrient rich gloop, having all your earthly needs serviced by an entire city of menacing, but ultimately servile robot overlords! No more early starts, no more scraping by to survive, no more wiping after you go number two! The benefits are endless, frankly.

Sure, some might chaff at the loss of personal autonomy, or the potential for boredom, but I'm not so sure... I never used my autonomy for much of anything anyway, and I'd imagine a bunch of those crazy tubes would come in handy for ALL sorts of entertainment options, if you catch my drift... You'd DEFINITELY be able to tune into HBO on ONE of those things, at least! 😉

Do keep in mind that there's no N64 in your goopod.

Edited by RH

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

was this liquor or beer?

Internet chuds fantasizing about the matrix and how tough they are.  What crap source material to base your self image upon.  Philosophy for illiterate people.

Editorials Team · Posted

"Everyone." On 4chan and thedonald maybe 😆

I'm sure I'd choose to live the lie and continue to be with my family, rather than wake up with my atrophied baby muscles that leave me unable to climb out of the pod, dooming me to death by goo drowning.

Remember the machines picked the Matrix to be stuck in 1999

No pandora.  No Spotify

Just radio playing endless Nu Metal till the end of time

That is a very special kind of hell

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I just wanna live in goo, getting fed/jerked off by a robot. Is that a crime?! 😂

image43.gif
Quit looking at my search history Opty

Edited by fox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I just wanna live in goo, getting fed/jerked off by a robot. Is that a crime?! 😂

Wouldn't you rather be a human in the Wall-E world? Seems more appealing. I mean, we're already neck deep in mass consumerism right now.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Wouldn't you rather be a human in the Wall-E world? Seems more appealing. I mean, we're already neck deep in mass consumerism right now.

Nah, I think you're missing the wood for the trees with this one. Where's the GOO?! Plus, I wanna be fed like a baby bird by one of these guys:

image.png.350c28b28d81b6b8e84117ec428cdb0a.png

The WALL-E robots are too cute, they don't do it for me!

21 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Nah, I think you're missing the wood for the trees with this one. Where's the GOO?!

What do you think they're sucking down in those Big Gulps? It ain't Slimfast, that's for sure.

• Wow! 1

5 hours ago, OptOut said:

Give me everything you own and I'll keep you in a bathtub full of perpetually warm nutrient rich olive oil.  I'll even refresh it every couple of years or so.  And once a day I'll put on an N64 themed puppet show for your amusement.  

Do we have a deal?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 7:30 PM, fox said:

Remember the machines picked the Matrix to be stuck in 1999

No pandora.  No Spotify

Just radio playing endless Nu Metal till the end of time

That is a very special kind of hell

IIRC, they picked the period of Neos life because that was "peak civilization".  This means that (doing some math...) the real people in the matrix were likely born around 1965-1975, lived roughly 85 years in their pods (to 2060) and then they'd "restart" after that.

So the robots think peak civilization is right now... huh... they might be right?