IGNORED

It looks like the Sealed 1st Production NES Castlevania market has just exploded!

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

I ... still don't get it...

Is that "card market" thread referencing a meme that already existed, or did you take that thread and turn it into a meme???

I don't know why I care so much. I just ... gotta know, y'know?

[T-Pac]

Haha, no worries, I totally get the need to know!

Basically, I thought the original thread title was so bombastic and amusing that I have usurped it and anytime I find "crazy/shocking" prices I like to say "the so-and-so market has just exploded!" So yeah 🙂

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Lol. Thankfully not. The hate is honestly hard to deal with. Not from here, but I see what people say elsewhere. I’ve been deleting comments on my IG all day. Overall it’s been great tho and I wouldn’t change a thing. 

• Sad 3

Administrator · Posted
11 hours ago, MinusWorlds said:

Lol. Thankfully not. The hate is honestly hard to deal with. Not from here, but I see what people say elsewhere. I’ve been deleting comments on my IG all day. Overall it’s been great tho and I wouldn’t change a thing. 

That's really unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that. 

It's definitely difficult for most people to imagine spending anything near that amount on any video game (myself included) - and frankly, most people simply just don't have anywhere near the means to do so.  So perhaps some of it is just jealousy or resentment, along with the anti-sealed high-price-trend sentiment out there.  

Regardless of any of that though, it's your money and your decision.  It was a transaction on an open market and a fair auction where the highest bidder won.  

The only thing I could really see people cringing or criticizing is the fact that the article Reed posted highlights a quote from the other bidder about it being flippable to a 250K game.  That is the type of price-hype speculative pumping commentary that led a lot of people to hating the WATA craze.

And @Tyree_Cooper I don't believe he was referring to you.  Some of the other commentary he's gotten is absolutely hateful and nasty - it isn't just referring to people who aren't worshipping him or the game.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, spacepup said:

So perhaps some of it is just jealousy or resentment, along with the anti-sealed high-price-trend sentiment out there.  

Bingo.

And don't take my word on it, there have been tons of studies over many decades that show this, and of course, envy/jealousy is something that has existed as long as civilization has existed --

Divided by Status: Upward Envy and Downward Scorn

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4479110/

Envy may be defined as “I wish I had what you do (and I would like to take it away from you).” Scorn may be defined as “You are not worth my attention (and I wish you would go away).” Envy famously eats at the envious, linked with resentful rumination.

11 hours ago, spacepup said:

That's really unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that. 

It's definitely difficult for most people to imagine spending anything near that amount on any video game (myself included) - and frankly, most people simply just don't have anywhere near the means to do so.  So perhaps some of it is just jealousy or resentment, along with the anti-sealed high-price-trend sentiment out there.  

Regardless of any of that though, it's your money and your decision.  It was a transaction on an open market and a fair auction where the highest bidder won.  

The only thing I could really see people cringing or criticizing is the fact that the article Reed posted highlights a quote from the other bidder about it being flippable to a 250K game.  That is the type of price-hype speculative pumping commentary that led a lot of people to hating the WATA craze.

And @Tyree_Cooper I don't believe he was referring to you.  Some of the other commentary he's gotten is absolutely hateful and nasty - it isn't just referring to people who aren't worshipping him or the game.

I appreciate that very much dude. I get it, it’s so much money. That fact isn’t lost on me. The $250k thing def I can see why it would rub people the wrong way for sure. It wasn’t me, and I don’t think Frank meant any harm in it. And, he’s likely not too far off. But, I can see why people look at it as price pumping and we’ve seen enough of that. It’s one of the main reasons I went with CGC. Everyone knows I like me some Wata games, but I tried to avoid any negativity around this game. It’s just too special to me. 

You are correct, my comments weren’t directed at anyone here. I feel like this is an extension of NintendoAge and that was my safe place to geek out for many years. I may not post here often but I have nothing but love for this site. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MinusWorlds said:

I appreciate that very much dude. I get it, it’s so much money. That fact isn’t lost on me. The $250k thing def I can see why it would rub people the wrong way for sure. It wasn’t me, and I don’t think Frank meant any harm in it. And, he’s likely not too far off. But, I can see why people look at it as price pumping and we’ve seen enough of that. It’s one of the main reasons I went with CGC. Everyone knows I like me some Wata games, but I tried to avoid any negativity around this game. It’s just too special to me. 

You are correct, my comments weren’t directed at anyone here. I feel like this is an extension of NintendoAge and that was my safe place to geek out for many years. I may not post here often but I have nothing but love for this site. 

Congrats on finding your personal grail!

Personally, I think it’s very unfortunate that there’s a lot of black and white thinking going on, particularly with the graded scene. People are lumped into 2 groups:

1. Full support of graded games and crazy price hikes.

2. Envious of graded collectors and in denial. 

I think there should be a few other factions, but myself, I don’t care what prices go up to as long as there is genuine organic growth going on. This is what makes the collecting scene more healthy and thrive. 

Collectors like yourself, who are willing to spend big, and coming to a game forum to talk like a collector is what makes me feel much more comfortable with the market. Whereas “collectors” who bid ridiculous exponential prices, then going on YouTube to predict the price will double soon, is what makes me cringe hard.

• Love 1
  • Agree 1