IGNORED

Song Debate #5: Psycho Killer / Stay

Rate 'em  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Psycho Killer

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite songs of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing song. Among the best.
    • 8/10 - Great song. You'll recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional listen.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - Competing with Lil Xan and Blood on the Dance Floor
  2. 2. Stay

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite songs of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing song. Among the best.
    • 8/10 - Great song. You'll recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional listen.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - Competing with Lil Xan and Blood on the Dance Floor

5 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I've never heard either of these songs before.  

Psycho killer has featured in a few tv shows over the last couple of years. Mindhunter, The Boys and Stranger Things are the ones I remember. I like the song so maybe that’s why I probably remember it though.

I gave it an 8. I think Talking Heads are an ok band, not something I go out of my way to listen to but I do like this song.

Never heard the second one but it sounded like she was trying to imitate Kate Bush and failed miserably. 2.

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, fox said:

Reed is just posting his wedding playlist now 🤭

"Okay, I want to add Psycho Killer to the playlist."

"What's that about?"

"A... psycho killer."

"Absolutely not."

"What about Stay?"

"Is that also about a psycho killer?"

"...yes."

• Haha 1

Never heard, never will. 

j/k, 6 and 2.
The first time I heard Psycho Killer I liked it a lot. It's adjacent to my tasteand most of my friends probably love it. Hmm, I'm gonna add it to one of my party playlists. But it's not much like anything else I listen to. There's a reason for that. Thanks for picking a live version, at least I got some novelty out of it over the studio track. The 6 summary is just right for me here. 

The first time I heard Stay was 4 minutes ago. I do not like it, Sam I am. Again 2 is a good description of my opinion. I could be generous with a 3 but my taste is I would never put this on in a million years. I will say the tone shift when Death shows up in the video (just after 2:00) got my attention.
When I saw the title I was expecting that Lisa Loeb song, which I would definitely rate higher. 

40 minutes ago, Link said:

Thanks for picking a live version, at least I got some novelty out of it over the studio track.

That's from Stop Making Sense, which is more than just a live recording. It's a fantastic concert movie, like nothing else ever. It's legendary for a reason. 🙂

Though I love the minimalist approach they took for Psycho Killer in this version, my favourite is another live version, which also has a slightly different (possibly older?) version of the lyrics

• Like 1

Got headphones now, so I can listen to that other song and actually vote.

Never heard this before, what an odd choice. Sounds like a song from a musical. Is it? Not my cup of tea really. It's pretty boring, but I don't hate it. 4/10 maybe?

Here are a couple of better songs called Stay

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

That's from Stop Making Sense, which is more than just a live recording. It's a fantastic concert movie, like nothing else ever. It's legendary for a reason. 🙂

My first concert film was In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Ministry). It pretty much ruined me for live videos. Not to say I don't enjoy live stuff, especially well produced, well edited, good sound quality recordings... I've made a couple myself. But, yeah, there is no concert film I've watched as many times as that, and unlike repeat viewings of movies I'll continue to rewatch that one. H-Gun was amazing and so unique.

I just wish all of the material from that tour would have been included. There was a lot more. But Sire/Warners didn't want to pay for or deal with the side project stuff, naturally.

Now, excuse me while I pop in this 23 Seconds to Eternity (KLF) disc I just got and see what that's all about. 

37 minutes ago, Link said:

My first concert film was In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Ministry). It pretty much ruined me for live videos.

In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up is awesome, and I'm not even much of a Ministry fan. But trust me, Stop Making Sense is better! 🙂 

Also. KLF absolutely rocks (and is gonna rock you), cheers for good tastes 🙂 

• Love 1

• The title was changed to Song Debate #5: Psycho Killer / Stay