IGNORED

Hello from Bavaria / Germany

I have no idea why it took me so long to find this forum. There was a link in the shmups forum that brought me here.  I've been collecting video games since I was a teenager (a long time ago, I'm 47), had a video game store for 15 years. Since 2018 I've been running the collector website retroplace.com (collection management, wish lists, marketplace)
I am very happy to have found this board and look forward to a lively exchange on collector topics.

I'm mostly in collecting Shoot'em ups for Dreamcast (I have a fullset of all japanese STG releases, sealed), PC-Engine, Super Famicom and Switch. And I have a sweet spot for these little japanese GameBoy Boxes.

• Like 3

Welcome, Capt'n Retro. I look forward to seeing you in discussions. I checked out your website and enjoyed your Operation: Manually blog entry. I hope you find this community a fun place to be!

IMG_0961.jpeg.0236990aa40147b7e9aa7de734a127bd.jpeg

Edited by Link

Hey, thanks for yer lovely feedback.
I like to see a community, that is so much about collecting and old games. 
At the moment I'm more a lurker here, takes some time to get comfortable.

I'm a bit in niche "Pop Culture" (Isn't it a Oxymoron?) - how can popular culture be niche?
If american hardcorepunk is niche - then I'm totally in it ^^

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Retro said:

At the moment I'm more a lurker here, takes some time to get comfortable.

I generally feel that is a wise choice, both online and irl. I lurked this site's predecessor for a whole year before joining and posting. Even then, I made some faux pas in my early days. But I hope you don't wait that long, haha! 

I know what you mean about the niche in pop. I like HC punk too, and in turn I also like a lot of German industrial bands like Einstürzende Neubauten and KMFDM. As well as psychotronic movies, underground comics and animation, and the like.