IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 665/677

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 381/677

Finished Silver Surfer!  Whew that was exhilarating.  I was doing pretty good and then lost all my power ups on the first part of the final stage.  I know from experience how much of a pain this is and I thought I lost all my lives and continues, but I had ONE more left.  I somehow pulled it off, and got past that level.  The final 2 stages arent hard and the final boss battle is easy, so I knew if I could get fully powered up again I could pull it off and I did!  Now my finger hurts!

Funny because first time, I got about half way in the game and I thought I discovered something amazing, by making a circle on top of the button I could rapid fire.  Then I thought for a second and realized I left turbo fire on from last time haha.  So I had to quit, turn it off and start again.  So glad I put this one behind me. 

• Like 3

Bad dudes is done, a first time clear for me, and I've gotta say, no false advertising in the game title or the voice samples, this game is bad. Very simple controls, bad animations and very simple enemies throughout. The music is boppin though, and I don't hate some of the graphics. Wouldn't recommend it, I can see why it's a low pointer. It's a little tough but with some practice not too bad. Some of the bosses are cheap as hell and I resorted to some cheesy tactics for the win. I ended up going no death through level 6, dying twice on him, and ending up at the final boss with 3 lives to spare

BadDudes.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Nicely done!  Did you leave the game on for an extra hour to see the entire ending? 😉

No, I didn't know about that, but just saw a clip on Youtube and it looks really cute. Thanks! TIL.

Btw. I completed Wrath of the Black Manta.

Wrath of the Black Manta.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 391/677
17 hours ago, Khromak said:

Bad dudes is done, a first time clear for me, and I've gotta say, no false advertising in the game title or the voice samples, this game is bad. Very simple controls, bad animations and very simple enemies throughout. The music is boppin though, and I don't hate some of the graphics. Wouldn't recommend it, I can see why it's a low pointer. It's a little tough but with some practice not too bad. Some of the bosses are cheap as hell and I resorted to some cheesy tactics for the win. I ended up going no death through level 6, dying twice on him, and ending up at the final boss with 3 lives to spare

BadDudes.jpg

I had just started playing this and it was more awful than I remembered. I had one friend that this was his only beat em up game and he loved it. I thought it was pitiful lol. DOUBLE DRAGON for life.

King's Knight is done. This time around I was struggling a bit on some of the stages. Also, I got a bug during some of the underground stages where the boss wouldn't appear and I was basically soft-locked. So I had to restart the game and do it all over again. Jeez! That was annoying.

Kings KNight.jpg

Race America is done. What a crummy game. The drag racing is truly awful. First of all, the computer is perfect and changing gears so it's close to impossible to even get close to them. And whenever he drives ahead you only see their screen and no longer yours. This means that you can't evade oil puddles on the ground. How are you supposed to do that, when you're not on the screen and can't see the track or your car? There seems to be some indication at the top of the screen, but it's barely helpful. So I just raced straight forward and only concentrated on increasing my speed.

Then the actual races. You're driving so fast that it's extremely difficult to evade enemy cars and even one crash can be very problematic. And when the enemy drives past you, you're left to drive on the small bottom left part of the screen, i.e. there's only one fourth of the screen available to you! I understand that this would make at least somewhat sense in two-player mode, but why against the CPU? It was a truly awful racing experience for me and not something that I would revisit for fun. Although people in previous years seemed to have liked this game, so I'm probably an outlier.

Race America Score.jpg

Race America.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Yo

I got sucked into L'Empereur this week, and did the long slog from Scenario 1 all the way through to the end. I'll start another Koei game in a week or so.

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

I'm currently working on Bandit Kings.  If you want to go for it feel free, but figure you might want to narrow the choices down a bit.