IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 662/677

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 145/677
15 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

@Gaia Gensouki

91 points on New Year's Day? That has to be a new one-day record. In fact, I think I wouldn't be surprised if @Gloves (with 65 points) wasn't close to or beyond that previous record as well.

That would be very interesting to take a look at. I'd have to do a bit of work figuring it out... But, I do have a list of how many games we've beaten all together on New Years each year (licensed only, includes first 15).

New Years Day Completions

2012 26
2013 164
2014 158
2015 131
2016 132
2017 167
2018 122
2019 73
2020 68
2021 94
2022 65
2023 85
2024 97

• Like 1

Normally I don't do pictures, but this was a lot harder than it really should be, and I figured @Dr. Morbis would have a hard time believing it 😆 California Games is done.

20240103_021429.jpg.e1466898eaa42378949958942202bfde.jpg

Edit: I thought I'd add in for anyone who wants to go for this, tying a record is not enough to override it.  I tied multiple times on Flying Disk, and once on Surfing.  The game only recognizes the first score of that level, and not the most recent.  Flying Disk also has to be pretty much perfectly executed if you use the overhead grab.  Diving left theoretically does more, but it's a lot harder to pull off...in an hour of trying, I never got it once.  So yeah, I'd suggest trying to get that one first if possible, as the rest are comparatively more forgiving.

Edited by the_wizard_666
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, scaryice said:

That would be very interesting to take a look at. I'd have to do a bit of work figuring it out... But, I do have a list of how many games we've beaten all together on New Years each year (licensed only, includes first 15).

New Years Day Completions

2012 26
2013 164
2014 158
2015 131
2016 132
2017 167
2018 122
2019 73
2020 68
2021 94
2022 65
2023 85
2024 97

So this is our best Day One since NA died...awesome!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Normally I don't do pictures, but this was a lot harder than it really should be, and I figured @Dr. Morbis would have a hard time believing it 😆 California Games is done.

20240103_021429.jpg.e1466898eaa42378949958942202bfde.jpg

Edit: I thought I'd add in for anyone who wants to go for this, tying a record is not enough to override it.  I tied multiple times on Flying Disk, and once on Surfing.  The game only recognizes the first score of that level, and not the most recent.  Flying Disk also has to be pretty much perfectly executed if you use the overhead grab.  Diving left theoretically does more, but it's a lot harder to pull off...in an hour of trying, I never got it once.  So yeah, I'd suggest trying to get that one first if possible, as the rest are comparatively more forgiving.

I saw this and wondered why it's worth 10 points.

SPYHUNTER is done.

I took the left route the whole way.  Mentioned it once before that I think it may be possible to drive indefinitely w/o hitting snow/ice depending on the left/right decisions one makes.  At any rate, going left only, results in snow/ice relatively quickly.

11 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Harlem Globetrotters is in the bag.  Still kinda dig this one.  Got it as a cheap game back when I was a kid, and I always dug it, even if it could be frustrating.  Not the best basketball game, but far from a bad one either.

It's almost worth honoring them wacky Globetrotters with, oh I don't know, say maybe a Tattoo to mark the occasion?  😉 

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I saw this and wondered why it's worth 10 points.

I popped this one in a month or so ago and thought it seemed pretty difficult to get comfy with, but then I'm pretty sure that "Wiz" is short for "Sports Wiz."

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

6 hours ago, mbd39 said:

No idea why my post wants to keep quoting people from a previous post but,

SIMPSONS: BART VS THE WORLD is done.

I didn't collect all the Krusty Treasures this time around for the additional Itchy & Scratchy Level.  Wanted to see about how fast I could do it and it took me over a half hour with a few deaths.  A little rusty I guess...  Only thing really unique that happened was somehow I got one of the little Icebergs on level 2 to go backwards and then didn't know how to change direction but somehow or other I got it going to go to the right again.  Of all the times I've played this I'm surprised that's never happened before..

Edited by PII