IGNORED

Are you playing the game or is the game playing you?

GPX

As others have said.... I've experienced the "worst" with Street Fighter II/Turbo.

While I don't have any concrete "evidence" there's plenty of time the computer does something that's IMPOSSIBLE. A charge move, fast recovery, etc.

There's a Street FIghter II "Arcade 1-Up" machine at work that I started to play.... I assume the programming is the same from the arcade cabinets?

Well... when I first started playing it I was getting SHIT KICKED by everyone, and couldn't make it past about the 4th round, if that. Computer was constantly hitting me was crazy combos and impossible moves.

I eventually realized I needed to change my fighting style in order to get anywhere. Generally I play a pretty aggressive style, especially if I am playing against some friends and beating them, haha.

But this wasn't working, and I had to take a much more defensive approach. Each fighter requires a slightly different strategy as well.... I've since been able to beat the game (1CC as well) but there are still plenty of moments when the computer does shit that catches me off guard. (Ken with multiple uppercuts, Sagat with the same thing)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I always had this issue with NBA Jam.  I know everyone loves that game, but I never felt I had as much control over my players as I would have liked.  

Hot take--the best NBA Jam is actually NBA Hang Time.  I never felt it was too unfair, but maybe I just played it THAT much.

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, RH said:

Hot take--the best NBA Jam is actually NBA Hang Time.  I never felt it was too unfair, but maybe I just played it THAT much.

2010 On Fire Edition was my Jam.  Spent plenty of hours whoopin @Richardhead on the 360.  BOOMSHAKALAKA!  Good times.

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

2010 On Fire Edition was my Jam.  Spent plenty of hours whoopin @Richardhead on the 360.  BOOMSHAKALAKA!  Good times.

Is that the same one that also came out on the Wii?  Maybe it was because I was playing it on the Wii, but I just couldn't get into it.  That was also a gaming dry spell for me, so there was that too.

9 minutes ago, RH said:

NBA Hangtime is definitely the best in the Jam series. The arcade is best but the N64 version is very good as well. And yes, the game cheats - when you get up big, the computer will come at you aggressively with unlimited turbo, make every 3-point shot, try to knock you down constantly, etc. Also, if you're up by enough you will rarely make 3-point shots, while missing layups and even dunks much more often. However, if you're quick and precise enough you can still continue to increase your lead (being on fire really helps).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elprincipe said:

NBA Hangtime is definitely the best in the Jam series. The arcade is best but the N64 version is very good as well. And yes, the game cheats - when you get up big, the computer will come at you aggressively with unlimited turbo, make every 3-point shot, try to knock you down constantly, etc. Also, if you're up by enough you will rarely make 3-point shots, while missing layups and even dunks much more often. However, if you're quick and precise enough you can still continue to increase your lead (being on fire really helps).

You know what, you are right.  I think I learned to just stay close and I just became good enough to dominate "enough" at the end of the games to win.

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, RH said:

Is that the same one that also came out on the Wii?  Maybe it was because I was playing it on the Wii, but I just couldn't get into it.  That was also a gaming dry spell for me, so there was that too.

Yeah it was on all of the platforms at the time.

• Like 1