IGNORED

Interesting NES cart. Need Info!

Collectorwanabe

21 hours ago, Tulpa said:

He already said NFS/NFT, not for sale, not for trade.

I have a very convincing personality.

13 hours ago, final fight cd said:

Are there any other items in a similar situation that might exist but has not been discovered yet?

Tengen Police Academy and a shitload of other NES games advertised in the backs of manuals.

8 hours ago, DeterioratingBrains said:

- Frank Cifaldi / GameHistoryOrg dumps all of the proto WATA gets but isn't releasing any, only the owner shall make that decision. I don't think there ever were any drama in that regard with him and his org, and he most certainly has trusted acquaintenances that can do the said reverse engineering to ultimately help you out and your friend.

I wouldn't trust someone else having a copy of the dump and it not getting out. What about a rogue employee? What if I bought The Video Game History Foundation and effectively owned all of the dumps? According to Frank they apparently have Police Academy but it hasn't been proven.

7 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Seriously, anyone pestering him to sell it is a good way for him to disappear back into cyberspace. Give him some space, please.

I haven't messaged him. I posted here and in the high end group on Facebook, he knows I want it. If he'll sell, he'll come find me. I would be quite aggressive with this one, it's very cool.

Stop trying to make this topic about you and your endeavors, thanks. Three of your four replies to the quotes start with "I". Self-centered and insufferable much?

7 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I wouldn't trust someone else having a copy of the dump and it not getting out. What about a rogue employee? What if I bought The Video Game History Foundation and effectively owned all of the dumps? According to Frank they apparently have Police Academy but it hasn't been proven.

You're free to never trust anyone or any organisation in your life. This typically correlates with being quite miserable too. xoxo

Edited by DeterioratingBrains

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I have all of those, albeit without a battery save. Actually I have all the way up to Mario 17

It's like the Amityville movies. 

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Russia had a gambling cart for Dendy, so it doesn't seem too surprising.

Russians also consider vodka to be a breakfast drink, so I'm not surprised. 😛

Administrator · Posted
12 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I just wanted to clarify so that no one is confused.  You can't "buy" VGHF because it is a nonprofit organization.  An individual can't just buy the entity and 'own' their physical and digital assets.  Board members could change over time and individuals replaced - and sure, individuals can do something against the mission or not follow the organization's rules - but no one "owns" VGHF and it can't be sold.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I just wanted to clarify so that no one is confused.  You can't "buy" VGHF because it is a nonprofit organization.  An individual can't just buy the entity and 'own' their physical and digital assets.  Board members could change over time and individuals replaced - and sure, individuals can do something against the mission or not follow the organization's rules - but no one "owns" VGHF and it can't be sold.

Yep, I'm pretty sure technically speaking, all 501(c)3 organizations are owned by "We the People"

So, if you somehow were elected to the board, you can technically do a hostile takeover with enough votes.

The only way to protect your personal belongings in a charitable organization (which means you can no longer deduct for them by donating them) is by leasing out your property for (x) years and declaring a value for the license (for example, while you're President it can be $1 per year, but if you are ousted then you can arbitrarily raise that rate to $1,000,000 / year if you wanted once the lease is up)

Normally I am hugely excited for unreleased or beta NES games being found and dumped, but this isn't really a game, just a client program for a lottery. Tommy T's Play Me Sound Editor is more interesting.

No I was never all that invested in the lore surrounding the Minnesota Lottery cart, just was never that interesting to me.

Still, nice to see it found anyway.

Edited by Koopa64

Yeah, I don't see anyone making repro carts of this or anything. It's probably useless without the modem (and something for the modem to dial into.) Although I wonder if the fishing game does anything absent a connection.

I'm sure some hobbyists/preservation dudes would like to tinker with the code to see how it all worked, though. The fact that it was supposed to interface with a phone line is intriguing by itself.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1

I'm too lazy to read through the responses, but has anybody questioned thr label?  "LA Demonstration" could mean that it was pitched somewhere else...in this case, I'm thinking Louisiana, as lotteries are generally state run, so Los Angeles wouldn't make much sense 😛 My guess is that Minnesota was the only state that accepted the pitch, but probably wasn't the only state where the pitch was made.

Oh, and @Collectorwanabe, have you tried using "security code" as the password?  It's a demo, so I'm sure they kept it as simple as possible to show it off.

Since the chips are sockets, it should also be pretty easy to dump if you know anyone with an eprom burner.  The software for my TL866 can read chips as well as write them.  This will give you the .bin file, which can be converted to a ROM file with a program like FamiROM.  

45 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I'm too lazy to read through the responses, but has anybody questioned thr label?  "LA Demonstration" could mean that it was pitched somewhere else...in this case, I'm thinking Louisiana, as lotteries are generally state run, so Los Angeles wouldn't make much sense 😛 My guess is that Minnesota was the only state that accepted the pitch, but probably wasn't the only state where the pitch was made.

Could be Louisiana, or it could be "Lottery A(something.)" Be interesting to see if they had the same software for different states (likely), or if it has different screens than the Minnesota one.

And yes, Los Angeles doesn't have its own lottery. Though it is big enough to count as several states. 😛