IGNORED

Holiday themed Sage

FireHazard51

3 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Hey I'm just here to make silly doodles and yell about Atari games. (But thanks haha : )

[T-Pac]

Dude, I know, and that just makes it all the better. Idk, thank you for sharing your creativity with us. I’m friends with a lot of local musicians and artists, and I really value art in our lives. So I admire people like that. All I can do is be the most fervent fan I can, I love to go to shows and buy CDs or shirts and tip my bartenders.

This is the only place where I know anybody who likes video games the same way I do. Art is important and, I know you’re just a game lover and ranter like the rest of us, but you truly do give our shared home a lot of the flavor and style, you make us laugh, you sketch astutely and make banners and seasonal celebrations by our little mascot and host your own annual participatory event that everybody loves but you also will dash off a quick sketch just to post in a regular thread. 

You can probably tell from other things I’ve said, I’m a huge fan of comics and animation, and I’m interested in the production process. Particularly pre-CGI methods like cel painting, and you have that look, and I’m super happy that not only is that specific trend happening somewhat, but I also internet-know somebody in the field doing that work. And while you reside in the fun flat lines cartoony style, you also have range and are capable of rendering great beauty. I hope I don’t make you blush too much (I’m sure I already have but I mean every word) to say in that way you remind me of Bill Watterson.

Or that I think you could do an amazing job on a manual for a 2-D game. I would love to see your take on a full treatment for an old-school N1 game. I crave a Mario platformer that would look like the illustrations in SMB3 manual and NP13 strategy guide. If I was smart enough to make a homebrew game I would hire you for art and design for sure!

If VGS was KMFDM you would be BRUTE! (I don’t expect you or many people here to be familiar, but check out illustrator Aidan Hughes)

You make a lot of fun for a lot of people.
You do it professionally, and then you do it over here on the side just because. You rock. 

• Love 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Link said:

Dude, I know, and that just makes it all the better. Idk, thank you for sharing your creativity with us. I’m friends with a lot of local musicians and artists, and I really value art in our lives. So I admire people like that. All I can do is be the most fervent fan I can, I love to go to shows and buy CDs or shirts and tip my bartenders.

This is the only place where I know anybody who likes video games the same way I do. Art is important and, I know you’re just a game lover and ranter like the rest of us, but you truly do give our shared home a lot of the flavor and style, you make us laugh, you sketch astutely and make banners and seasonal celebrations by our little mascot and host your own annual participatory event that everybody loves but you also will dash off a quick sketch just to post in a regular thread. 

You can probably tell from other things I’ve said, I’m a huge fan of comics and animation, and I’m interested in the production process. Particularly pre-CGI methods like cel painting, and you have that look, and I’m super happy that not only is that specific trend happening somewhat, but I also internet-know somebody in the field doing that work. And while you reside in the fun flat lines cartoony style, you also have range and are capable of rendering great beauty. I hope I don’t make you blush too much (I’m sure I already have but I mean every word) to say in that way you remind me of Bill Watterson.

Or that I think you could do an amazing job on a manual for a 2-D game. I would love to see your take on a full treatment for an old-school N1 game. I crave a Mario platformer that would look like the illustrations in SMB3 manual and NP13 strategy guide. If I was smart enough to make a homebrew game I would hire you for art and design for sure!

If VGS was KMFDM you would be BRUTE! (I don’t expect you or many people here to be familiar, but check out illustrator Aidan Hughes)

You make a lot of fun for a lot of people.
You do it professionally, and then you do it over here on the side just because. You rock. 

Couldn't have said it better myself, honestly really beautifully put.

@T-Pac What he said, haha.

And that all is beside the fact that, from everything I've seen and every interaction I've had with you both publicly and privately over the years, you seem to me like an extremely kind, down to earth, humble person, even outside of how insanely talented you are. Even beyond just your talent and skill as an artist, you seem like a very good person in general.

giphy.gif

Social Team · Posted
6 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Couldn't have said it better myself, honestly really beautifully put.

@T-Pac What he said, haha.

And that all is beside the fact that, from everything I've seen and every interaction I've had with you both publicly and privately over the years, you seem to me like an extremely kind, down to earth, humble person, even outside of how insanely talented you are. Even beyond just your talent and skill as an artist, you seem like a very good person in general.

giphy.gif

@T-Pac is the online version of Keanu Reeves

stephen-colbert.gif

Extremely talented, always positive, and a delight to be around.

• Love 1
  • Agree 2

Social Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Sumez said:

Yes, nothing says November like turkeys. It's what I always think of.

I makes me so happy that a site "owned" by a Canadian has a turkey theme for November.  But it may be very cool to have some international themes represented.  Not trying to be Google with a new logo for every day.  But if you got some suggestions I think it's worth while suggesting them.

20 hours ago, T-Pac said:

I’m definitely no Bill Watterson haha,

Of course you are not a legend at his level, no one is. But I do think as I said that he gave us simple characters drawn flatly, and also showed detail and environments at higher levels when he wanted to, and you do similar things. 

Edited by Link
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...