IGNORED

Multi-genre games list (+ discussion)

GPX

21 hours ago, CMR said:

Do games like Legendary Wings or Lifeforce count?  I'm guessing no because they're still shooters in both modes?

To me shooters are shooters, though I know some people really prefer vertical only or horizontal only.  Judgement call.

10 hours ago, koifish said:

Does Kid Icarus count?

Technically yes.  It's mostly a platformer, but the final stage is definitely a shooter.

WURM now that's an underrated gem, surprisingly kept it's anime look/story as well coming over.  That one really fell under the radar and if I remember the developer right, this was kind of a higher bar for them compared to the usual.  I got this cart only for the first time maybe a year or two ago(forget now) in town.  A great mix of a shooter, first person targeting combat with a wee bit of story based strategy to whittle health to a kill shot, and a run n' gun with a little exploration.  Strangely, it blends very well, each part plays nicely enough, and while not an A tier game, it's a good solid B worth playing.  It's like being part of a cheesy 80s/90s sentai type show/movie.