IGNORED

Analogue N64 Console

WalterWhiteJr.

I was about to post this if no one else hadn't.  I'm quite torn about this one.  I'm seriously thinking I'm going to have to save up for this.

I think some of you have had varying opinions on their console hardware, but I've been so happy with my Analogue Pocket, the build quality and the attention to detail, this is very enticing for me.

I tend to hate playing most games meant for a CRT on an HD panel, but Analogue has done such a remarkable job with their filters for the Game Boy/Game Gear, I really want to trust them with this one.

6 minutes ago, RH said:

I was about to post this if no one else hadn't.  I'm quite torn about this one.  I'm seriously thinking I'm going to have to save up for this.

I think some of you have had varying opinions on their console hardware, but I've been so happy with my Analogue Pocket, the build quality and the attention to detail, this is very enticing for me.

I tend to hate playing most games meant for a CRT on an HD panel, but Analogue has done such a remarkable job with their filters for the Game Boy/Game Gear, I really want to trust them with this one.

Who's been questioning Analogue quality? They are best in class for aftermarket console hardware IMO.

I'm pretty sure that is a popular opinion all round.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

4k though not even just 1080p. N64 still has the least amount of playable games and the games are playable all have remakes already no? Would have been happier with Duo news honestly

Dude the market for N64 is HUGE. It's one of the most popular retro consoles, they are going to sell a shit-ton of these.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

So as a guy who only runs games using a CRT, please explain this to me. What benefit do I get from buying this? Not trying to be an ass, just trying to understand, as I reckon most folks here use CRTs when playing old games.

2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

You wouldn’t buy this

Actually, I exclusively use my CRT for playing games with my Analogue consoles. The answer is you purchase a DAC which supports all* Analogue consoles.

*except the Pocket Dock, despite it having said it would be supported at launch

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Actually, I exclusively use my CRT for playing games with my Analogue consoles. The answer is you purchase a DAC which supports all* Analogue consoles.

Seems like a waste of money really which is out of place for you, since you are very particular about where your funds go in a gaming sense. But I guess you should explain your reasons to FC so he understands the benefits?

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Having a brand new, factory fresh FPGA design that can play US, Japanese and PAL games all in system is enough to sell it to me alone.

And, this is coming from someone who already owns TWO UltraHDMI modded systems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Dude the market for N64 is HUGE. It's one of the most popular retro consoles, they are going to sell a shit-ton of these.

Won’t disagree there but it’s definitely not full of people who are plunk down 400-500 dollars on this system. And they are going to make 18 of them which will sell out in 2.8 seconds so have fun paying 1,000 on eBay 🤢

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Seems like a waste of money really which is out of place for you, since you are very particular about where your funds go in a gaming sense 

How is running the cutting edge of retro-gaming technology a waste of money? You clearly don't seem to understand the benefits of the Analogue systems, they are fantastic.

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

Won’t disagree there but it’s definitely not full of people who are plunk down 400-500 dollars on this system. And they are going to make 18 of them which will sell out in 2.8 seconds so have fun paying 1,000 on eBay 🤢

Has the price been revealed yet? The Mega SG and Super NT I own were 189.99 each plus shipping. I'd happily pay that again for this, or more if necessary.

9 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Who's been questioning Analogue quality? They are best in class for aftermarket console hardware IMO.

I'm pretty sure that is a popular opinion all round.

Eh... I feel like I recall seeing some shade being thrown around here before but the more I think about it, that might have been about the limited supply of the original NT (or whatever the NES version is called) and just how expensive it was at launch.

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Seems like a waste of money really which is out of place for you, since you are very particular about where your funds go in a gaming sense 

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Having a brand new, factory fresh FPGA design that can play US, Japanese and PAL games all in system is enough to sell it to me alone.

And, this is coming from someone who already owns TWO UltraHDMI modded systems.

Yeah, I love original hardware and I'll prefer it 95% of the time with only a few exceptions.  But with that said, consistency and reliability is starting to be a big win for me.  It looks like the controller is going for the brawler layout and, I mean... I hate to see that but I'm not offended.  I wish they'd make two controller options, but that would just be too expensive.

If Analogue made an N64 FPGA device with an N64 controller of the same quality, then I'd definitely be in.  I'll also probably keep this plugged into a CRT but I also like the option of taking it upstairs for family game nights and having the ability to plug it straight into the HDTV and not have to worry about those absolutely wretched interlacing artifacts.

10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about 

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

How is running the cutting edge of retro-gaming technology a waste of money? You clearly don't seem to understand the benefits of the Analogue systems, they are fantastic.

Has the price been revealed yet? The Mega SG and Super NT I own were 189.99 each plus shipping. I'd happily pay that again for this, or more if necessary.

Considering the day and expendable income, I could drop $250 for this device and if the controllers where what I'd want, I'd maybe even consider $50 each.  I'm weird, and I'd want 12ft cables over wireless, though. 😛

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RH said:

Eh... I feel like I recall seeing some shade being thrown around here before but the more I think about it, that might have been about the limited supply of the original NT (or whatever the NES version is called) and just how expensive it was at launch.

Yeah, I love original hardware and I'll prefer it 95% of the time with only a few exceptions.  But with that said, consistency and reliability is starting to be a big win for me.  It looks like the controller is going for the brawler layout and, I mean... I hate to see that but I'm not offended.  I wish they'd make two controller options, but that would just be too expensive.

If Analogue made an N64 FPGA device with an N64 controller of the same quality, then I'd definitely be in.  I'll also probably keep this plugged into a CRT but I also like the option of taking it upstairs for family game nights and having the ability to plug it straight into the HDTV and not have to worry about those absolutely wretched interlacing artifacts.

It supports original controllers.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Seems like a waste of money really which is out of place for you, since you are very particular about where your funds go in a gaming sense. But I guess you should explain your reasons to FC so he understands the benefits?

The Analogue systems themselves are fantastic. The ability, built-in, to stick an SD card into the consoles to play ROMs is great and eliminates the need for a cartridge dedicated to that function (save yourself what, $100-200 on that purchase?). The fact that if I wanted to I can remove the console from my DAC and take it to a friends place or my workplace and BOOM - it's a Nintendo party with every game on the system available in this little box I can carry around? Sweet.

It's a whole package and at least insofar as the consoles themselves are concerned, the absolute highest quality available for playing retro games. Top of the line, bar none.

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Considering the price of HDMI-modded N64s on Ebay, 100% this.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
31 minutes ago, OptOut said:

If they get this right, I am 100% doxing @Jeevan again. 😍

Let's go. 😎

my only reason for getting this would be the pal ability.  if the price is released, let me know and u can buy 2 and I'll pay u back minus shipping to Taiwan!  also note, please make sure u have my right address before you do this.

8 minutes ago, RH said:

brawler sucks, og t Rex all the way!!!!  do they have ports for og?

• Love 1