IGNORED

Game Debate #167: Little Samson

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

Long time lurker just starting to post.Β  I've owned this game before, and it never did anything for me and haven't had it in such a long time it wasn't worth much even then.Β  It's just not that fun.Β  There is variety, but it's sloppy in execution.Β  I would have liked it more if you could just equip talents like Mega Man and that's that, but the swap outs and how clunky it is kept me from going more than half way in and having my care cup run dry.

Graphics Team Β· Posted

I haven't played Little Samson in years, but I remember having an absolute blast with it when I did. It's easily one of my favorite platformers on the NES, above a lot of heavy-hitters like Mega Man 2, Castlevania, etc. But I tend to like Taito games more than most people anyway.

Unfortunately, I think its value heavily skews people's judgement of it as a video game. We either subconsciously diminish or exaggerate its gameplay merit by thinking in terms of "fun factor vs price tag".

[T-Pac]

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

I haven't played Little Samson in years, but I remember having an absolute blast with it when I did. It's easily one of my favorite platformers on the NES, above a lot of heavy-hitters like Mega Man 2, Castlevania, etc. But I tend to like Taito games more than most people anyway.

Unfortunately, I think its value heavily skews people's judgement of it as a video game. We either subconsciously diminish or exaggerate its gameplay merit by thinking in terms of "fun factor vs price tag".

[T-Pac]

Indeed. If only there were this magical thing that let you play old games without having to own their original cartridges or hardware πŸ˜›πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ Β 

little suckit lmao.png